Thursday 30 January 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 30/01/2014: Coriolanus...again?

Well readers, here I was thinking I wouldn't have much to tell you about today. How wrong was I?! My morning was pretty uneventful, I wrote a review for Sarah Dessen's 'This Lullaby' on Goodreads, a book that I read quite a while ago, and quickly checked my emails but spent quite a lot of it getting ready for work that afternoon. Here, my day got a bit more eventful.

After forking out for a train ticket to get from where I live to where I now work (I transferred as it's closer to Uni), I arrived to find that my shift had been cancelled and someone had forgotten to tell me. I wasn't too annoyed though as I still got to work a couple of hours and best of all, it meant I was in with a shot of doing something I had previously thought impossible.

That's right. I'm talking about the 'Coriolanus' live stream.

For those that haven't the foggiest what I'm on about, I recently went to see a production of 'Coriolanus' at the Donmar Warehouse (more details and review in previous post), starring Tom Hiddleston. It had been announced some time back that this particular production would be streamed live around the world today, and due to my work shift, I thought that I wouldn't be able to go and watch it. "You've already seen it!" I hear you cry. Well...yes. I have. And going to see it in the actual Theatre was amazing. However, my seat was in the circle and very much to the side of the Theatre, meaning that at certain points of the play it was hard to see what was going on. The National Theatre Live stream meant that I would get a good view of all the action on a huge great cinema screen, featured an enlightening conversation with Josie Rourke, the Director of the adaption, and of course meant that I could see my idol perform once again live (in a sense). Of course I jumped at the chance when the opportunity re-opened. Plus it provided an amazing opportunity to see a friend that I haven't been able to meet up with for a while, and share the experience with her (needless to say she loved it).

So yes, an okay day turned into a fantastic one! Now I am off to read a bit more of 'Cloud Atlas' and then bed because I'm knackered and up early for a lecture tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment