I worked on Tuesday (my last shift before Christmas) then on Wednesday I made my way back home! I was a little gutted to find that I had so much to carry, especially as no one was around to pick me up from the station to take me home but once I was back at my parent's house, I had a lovely time! We played games on the evening of the 23rd, and I spent Christmas Eve with my sister watching 'Home Alone' and sorting out the Christmas Presents in preparation. Mat came down and joined us that evening and we played even more games before heading to bed very late.
Christmas morning was obviously filled with a lot of present opening, and I will go into much more detail when I get round to writing out my Christmas Haul post. I received some cracking presents though and I'm extremely lucky to have such caring friends and family who know me so well! Mat and I were picked up around midday to head to his family's house, where we enjoyed a gorgeous Christmas dinner and opened even more presents! We then proceeded to watch lots of Christmas TV & films and play a few games and ended Christmas festivities in a really nice way.
Boxing day, Mat and I caught up on some missed sleep before heading out to town in the afternoon to peruse the Boxing Day sales. I went into Waterstones but did not have a whole lot of time to actually buy anything (sadly). In fact Mat and I didn't buy anything, despite having a few things in mind that we wanted to get! Still, it was a lovely afternoon out of the house! The rest of Boxing Day was filled up with more games and fun and was a great last day at Mat's house before heading back to my parent's alone on the 27th. I'm so glad that I booked off all the time that I did because it meant I got to spend a lot more time with my family: something that's really important to me at Christmas time!
I'll finish by saying that I really hope everyone else had a great Christmas too!
- 'Remix' by Non Pratt: Prize in the Walkers Books UK Box via Maximum Pop (22nd Dec)
- 'The Sky Is Everywhere' by Jandy Nelson: Prize in the Walkers Books UK Box via Maximum Pop (22nd Dec)
- 'The Dark Days Club' by Alison Goodman: Prize in the Walkers Books UK Box via Maximum Pop (22nd Dec)
- 'City Of Bones' by Cassandra Clare: Prize in the Walkers Books UK Box via Maximum Pop (22nd Dec)
- 'From The Beast To The Blonde: On Fairy Tales & Their Tellers' by Marina Warner: Non-fiction Christmas Present from Parents (25th Dec)
- 'The Hero With A Thousand Faces' by Joseph Campbell: Non-fiction Christmas Present from Parents (25th Dec)
- 'The Scorpio Races' by Maggie Stiefvater: Christmas present from Parents (25th Dec)
- 'Under The Light' by Laura Whitcomb: Christmas present from Parents (25th Dec)
- 'Ruin & Rising' by Leigh Bardugo: Christmas present from Parents (25th Dec)
Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wouldn't Mind Santa Leaving Under The Tree This Year
Anti POC Hermione? Riddikulus!
Post a Comment