Wednesday 1 August 2018

Planned Reads For August.

Another month, another opportunity for good reading. I'm going to try and stick with some shorter reads to get myself back into the swing of things, so I'm changing up my TBR in a big way.



I've started Dhonielle Clayton's 'The Belles' already, so I may as well finish it. I have pretty high hopes for it actually, especially as it's received such positive praise. I'm excited to see what a prominent advocate for PoC MCs will do!

The next book, 'Doing It!' by Hannah Witton, has been on my shelf for an age. I am really in the mood to read some non-fiction, and this looks like a great book to do so! I advocate for more sex-positive books, and there's a section on LGBT+ relationships too so I'm eager to see what Witton comes up with!



I really love the idea of delving into a classic, and this one is a little creepy but intriguing all at once. I like to read books that are a bit different, and it's not every day that you get to read about paedophilia written in a way that borders on romantic. 'Lolita' by Vladimir Nabokov is a book that promises to be both horrifying and morbidly fascinating at once.

There are a couple of books from last month's TBR that I couldn't let go. 'Retribution Rails' by Erin Bowman is one of them. I loved 'Vengeance Road' so much and, as a result, have really high hopes for this one!

Another I want to read still? 'Ash Princess' by Laura Sebastian. Gosh, I'm so excited by the prospect of this book! I love revolution, I love fantasy, I love Cinderella, and this looks to be a fresh spin on all of those things. Plus, it's had such great reviews!



A book about a writer? Written by Riley Redgate? Count me in for 'Final Draft', I loved Redgate's previous books so much and this looks to be another cracking contribution into the world of YA!

I need to revisit some old series that I never finished, and 'The Voyage Of The Basilisk' is a book I've wanted to read for a while because I loved the previous two books so much!

This is another series that I need to get through - Ben Aaronovitch's 'Peter Grant' series. These books have such a summery vibe to them and 'Whispers Underground' is probably going to make or break this series for me, as I'm a little unsure how I feel about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment