Wednesday 8 August 2018

Mini Review: The Crown & The Arrow; Renée Ahdieh.

I really enjoyed Ahdieh's 'The Wrath & The Dawn' so I was quite excited by the idea of reading this short story from Khalid's POV!

SOURCE: Bought
TYPE: E-Read

TITLE: The Crown & The Arrow
AUTHOR: Renée Ahdieh
SERIES: The Crown & The Arrow (#0.5)
PUBLISHER: 
G.P. Putnam's Sons Books for Young Readers
PAGES: 11
GENRE: Fantasy, Young Adult, Novella

RATING: 3/5 Stars


Blurb:
Seventy-one days and seventy-one nights had come and gone since Khalid began killing his brides. 

This dawn, Khalid would mark the loss of the seventy-second girl, Shahrzad al-Khayzuran. Khalid didn’t know how many more of these dawns he could take. And there was something about this latest girl that piqued his interest. Not only had she volunteered to marry him, but at their wedding ceremony, she had seemed not the least bit afraid. In fact, what he had seen in her eyes was nothing short of pure hatred. She was about to lose her life. Why wasn’t she afraid? Why did she hate him so? He had never before gone to his wife’s chambers before her death at dawn. 

Tonight would be different.

Overall Conclusion:
This was a pretty good addition to 'The Wrath & The Dawn'. My favourite thing about it was to get a little glimpse at events from Khalid's POV, seeing as I adored him so much in the original book. I loved seeing his thoughts on the other characters too, each making a brief cameo and reminding me why I need to continue with this series. This was however very short, I'm very glad that it was free because 11 pages is not a whole lot of content. I didn't feel that I learnt much from this take on events either, which was a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment