Sunday 23 September 2018

Mini Review: Teahouse [Ch. 1]; Emirain.

So I'm going through a bit of a phase at the moment. LGBT+, M/M web-comics! And I found a list on Goodreads that had this at the top! I thought I'd give it a go!

SOURCE: Internet
TYPE: Web Comic

TITLE: Teahouse
AUTHOR: Emirain
SERIES: Teahouse (Ch. #1)
PUBLISHER: --
PAGES: 48
GENRE: LGBT+, Graphic Novel, Web Comic, Erotica

RATING: 3/5 Stars


Blurb:
Welcome to The Teahouse, where a motley bunch are ready to serve in and out of the bed. Enter Sir Rhys, a regular client who has turned The Teahouse upside down with his blunt put-downs and skilled moves. Will he choose shy virgin Rory, or the ladies' favorite Axis? Axis is hoping he won't have to service Sir Rhys again, but he can't get him out of his head! What will happen when these two opposites meet again in the bedroom?




Overall Conclusion:
This was sitting right at the top of the M/m web-comic/graphic novel list that I found on Goodreads, so to be honest, I was a bit disappointed. Firstly, before I say anything else, this is not going to be completed. Emirain got a few chapters in and then announced that they would not be continuing, which was a real shame for me to discover after reading chapter one. I also didn't enjoy the instant smut, and the fact that everyone just kept talking about having sex (after all, the Teahouse is a brothel) didn't make room for a whole lot of character development. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a prude (I liked the saucier scenes a lot actually), but I do like a bit of a build. I am intrigued by Axis and Rhys though, and hope to see more of them in the few future chapters that there are. Also, the art is stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment