Tuesday 14 April 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: My picks for 'Inspiring Quotes From Books'.


I have actually already written a very similar post for a 'Life Of A Blogger' post on the subject of quotes, which can be found here. I'll include those and a few more that I like for this week's topic!

1) 'Pride & Prejudice'; Jane Austen.
“Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.” 

2) 'The Book Thief'; Markus Zusak.
“A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.”

3) 'Cloud Atlas'; David Mitchell.
“My life amounts to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean. Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops?”

4) 'To Kill A Mockingbird'; Harper Lee.
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.”

5) 'Aristotle & Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe'; Benjamin Alire Sáenz.
“I got to thinking that poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just didn't get--and never would get.”

6) 'Life Of Pi'; Yann Martel.
“Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous possessive love that grabs at what it can.”

7) 'The Invention Of Wings'; Sue Monk Kidd.
“History is not just facts and events. History is also a pain in the heart and we repeat history until we are able to make another’s pain in the heart our own.” 

8) 'The Snow Child'; Eowyn Ivey.
“In my old age, I see that life itself is often more fantastic and terrible than the stories we believed as children, and that perhaps there is no harm in finding magic among the trees.” 

9) 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower'; Stephen Chbosky.
“I think that if I ever have kids, and they are upset, I won't tell them that people are starving in China or anything like that because it wouldn't change the fact that they were upset. And even if somebody else has it much worse, that doesn't really change the fact that you have what you have.” 

10) 'Dracula'; Bram Stoker.
“Do you not think that there are things which you cannot understand, and yet which are; that some people see things that others cannot? But there are things old and new which must not be contemplate by men´s eyes, because they know -or think they know- some things which other men have told them. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment