Sunday 23 June 2019

Book Review: Heartstopper (Vol. 2); Alice Oseman.

This was a really quick read for me, but a super enjoyable one! I love Nick and Charlie, and this one covers Chapter 3 of their adorable story!

SOURCE: Internet
TYPE: Web Comic

TITLE: Heartstopper
AUTHOR: Alice Oseman
SERIES: Heartstopper (Vol. #2)
PUBLISHER: --
PAGES: 320
GENRE: LGBT+, Graphic Novel, Web Comic, Contemporary


RATING: 5/5 Stars


Blurb:
Nick and Charlie are best friends. Nick knows Charlie's gay, and Charlie is sure that Nick isn't.

But love works in surprising ways, and Nick is discovering all kinds of things about his friends, his family ... and himself.

Heartstopper is about friendship, loyalty and mental illness. It encompasses all the small stories of Nick and Charlie's lives that together make up something larger, which speaks to all of us.

This is the second volume of Heartstopper, with more to come.

What I Liked:
  • Obviously Nick & Charlie's relationship - one of my favourite pairings! I love this relationship and it got some major, squeal-worthy updates in this volume!
  • I like where the story is going, and the characters that Oseman writes! All of them are interesting, there are some super cool cameos from other books she has written, and the complexity and art style are just perfection.
What I Disliked:
  • Nothing except that it ended I guess! I'm pretty impatient and that's why Webcomics are dangerous for me! They are addictive and also there tends to be long spaces between each page.
Overall Conclusion:
This is an amazing series! The art is phenomenal, the characters so interesting and diverse, the story enjoyable and I really love the setting too as it reminded me of my own childhood. 

No comments:

Post a Comment