Wednesday 23 November 2016

Illumicrate Unboxing! (Box 5)

In the past months I've felt like the time between boxes has sped by. That is not the case with this one and I've been so impatient while waiting for it. It came today and I can hardly wait to let you guys know what I got!


I won't really talk about the design, you can refer to my previous posts on that matter because it's been the same from the beginning and I still love it! I'll get straight onto the unboxing itself!

BOOK ONE: 'The Diabolic' by S.J. Kincaid (Hardcover). That's right, BOOK ONE heavily implies two books and for me there was! The first is 'The Diabolic', a sci-fi YA adventure that I've had my eye on for a little while now. Especially as I don't read a lot of Sci-Fi. I'm really glad that this was Daphne's choice for the book because I don't know if I would have bought it for a long time if it hadn't have been in the box! This book came with a letter from Kincaid, a signed bookplate and a bookmark which is always useful for a reader! The cover is absolutely gorgeous too, I'm a big fan of butterflies!

BOOK 2: 'Blood For Blood' by Ryan Graudin (Paperback). Now there may be some readers who also received this month's box but didn't receive this book. Do not be alarmed! This was actually a really lovely extra that Daphne included because this month's box was Illumicrate's first anniversary and some subscribers (myself included) have been signed up from the beginning! I thought this was really nice of her to do, especially as it's the sequel to the first book we ever received: 'Wolf By Wolf'! I also received some temporary tattoos!


Coffee Cosy: Sadly, I'm not a Coffee drinker but I love the design on this cosy! Large orange and white books on a deep blue background, simple yet gorgeous! It's soft too and will definitely be useful for my trips to Starbucks while I'm at work for Hot Chocolate! You can find more pretty designs like this at Sparrow + Wolf's website or Etsy.

AIDAN Candle: I plan to read 'Illuminae' this month (I'm not sure I'll get time to, but I hope) because I've heard such good things about it! AIDAN, from what I can tell, is an AI and Meraki Candles have given him his own scent for this month's box! I have it lit as I'm typing this and I can tell you it smells really good. I've really enjoyed browsing through their website too as they have a lot of different bookish scents about!

Evil Plans Notebook: My favourite item in the box. I love notepads but this one is just so awesomely designed! It's plain paper too which I've been after (I have plenty of lined). I've been browsing a lot of the stuff on House Of Wonderland since then and I have to say, it's one of my favourite things about Daphne's boxes. She's introduced me to so many wonderful, smaller businesses since starting Illumicrate!

Happy Socks: Perfect for the winter, these socks are so cute! They're colourful, fun and managed to lift my mood during the cold, terrible weather! Happy Socks have so many different designs to choose from too, I wouldn't be surprised if everyone received a different pair but I love mine: rainbow hearts!

I also received some other extras from this box including:

- 'All The Bright Places/Holding Up The Universe prints.
- 'Six Of Crows' travel pass.
- 'The One Memory Of Flora Banks' sampler.
- 'I'll Be Home For Christmas' gift card.
- 'Caraval', 'Replica' and 'Unconventional' postcards.

No comments:

Post a Comment