So I've become a little lax with this blog, particularly since I got rid of my Daily Shenanigans posts, and I have a heck a lot of tags and award posts to catch up on. I'm starting with The Sunshine Award, which my lovely sister Bev at My Senses Come To Life tagged me in a while back (almost a month ago)! I've never been nominated for this award before, so thanks very much to her for thinking of me! The rules are as follows:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions you have been asked.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write some questions for your nominees.
- Notify the bloggers you have nominated.
- Put the award button on your blog.
Pretty simple, and similar to the Liebster Blog Award too!
Questions from Bev:
1) Who is the biggest inspiration in your life?
This is actually a really tough question. I get inspired by a lot of different people for various reasons but I wouldn't say that I'm hugely inspired by a particular person (I don't mean that to sound as terrible as it does). I am more inspired by the random acts of kindness I see or read about every day, as it reminds me that people are actually capable of being fantastic when they want to be!
2) Where is your favourite place to go shopping?
Oh now this is pretty hard. I'm terribly fond of quirky shops, I used to visit this amazing little shop called Celestial Star a lot, but it closed down a few years ago (a terrible loss). I suppose another favourite place of mine to go into is Burgate Books in Canterbury. It's a charity bookshop and so you can find some great bargains while knowing you're doing something good too. I pop in there quite a lot before or after work.
3) What are your Summer Plans?
Quite a lot of working I'm afraid! I've been on holiday to Wales which was lovely, and I would love to go on numerous day trips to various places, but my Summer will mostly be filled with travelling to and from work, and sorting out a lot of things in preparation for my move up to London.
4) Have you ever been in love?
I am one of the fortunate few who can say yes to that question. I have been and still am in love with my lovely boyfriend Mat! He's made me very happy for four and a half years, and I look forward to more of those.
5) What makes you keep blogging?
A number of reasons really. Firstly, I love it! It keeps me sane and gives me something to look forward to between facing the stresses that life delivers. Secondly, it means I get to read lots of books I've been looking forward to and don't fall into reading slumps like I used to. Thirdly, determination. I, as a person, am famed for procrastinating and this blog is part of a devised self-improvement programme so I don't let that terrible quality rule me.
6) What is your favourite thing about yourself?
This wins the award for the most difficult question so far.It's not that I hate myself, or even dislike myself, I just don't have anything about me that I think I particularly love. I am a big fan of my own interests so I'll say that.
7) If you could invite one person on a dinner date (dead or alive) who would it be?
Hands down, Stephen Fry. I think he would be an absolutely fantastic conversationalist and though I'd be a bit nervous, he always comes across as pleasant and easy to talk to. I love watching everything he's been in, and listening to his vast knowledge on various subjects of the world.
8) What is your favourite TV Show?
There are so many to choose from! I'll put one down that I've watched every episode of and loved all the way through. Hustle. It's about a group of con artists who devise schemes to con awful people out of a lot of money, and I just loved it from start to finish! I'd definitely recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen it yet!
9) What is one of your happiest memories?
Quite a lot of my happiest memories either revolve around times spent with my sister during our childhood, friends at my Secondary School and the various things we got up to, or times I've spent with Mat that have left me grinning from ear to ear for days. I recently wrote a blog post on my favourite childhood memory too, which was the first time I went to the Theatre.
10) If you were stranded on a Desert Island, what five things would you take with you?
- My Kindle (so I can read many books).
- My ring (it has a lot of sentimental value to me, I always wear it).
- Mat (does he count as a thing?).
- Sun cream (don't ever say I'm not practical).
- A bed (I like to be comfortable).
11) Have you ever read a life-changing book?
I think every book I read changes my life in some way, even if the change is as minute as they come. Through reading I learn a lot of things: facts, things about myself, new vocabulary, etc. And all of these things are technically bringing a change to my life. Even bad reading experiences can be informative.
1) What is your dream job?
2) Favourite book character of all time?
3) If you could live in any time period of history, which would you choose?
4) Name something or someone that never fails to make you happy.
5) Favourite genre to read?
6) Have you ever broken any bones?
7) Do you prefer hot or cold days?
8) Is there anything in your blogging life that you wish you'd done differently?
9) Name one book you would recommend that deserves more hype.
10) Favourite animal?
11) Pick your favourite fairy-tale!
My Chosen Nominations:
Jillian at Jillian's Books
Valerie at The Innocent Smiley
Chrissi at Chrissi Reads
April at The Steadfast Reader
Stephanie at Don't Be Afraid Of The Dork