Wednesday 31 July 2019

July Wrap-Up.

Reading-wise, it has been a pretty appalling month. I kind of expected it to be though as I've had lots to catch up on work-wise after the wedding/honeymoon and I'm finding myself falling into a bit of a reading slump again. I managed two reads overall, only one of which was on my original list. I'm getting better at not beating myself up over this stuff though!




  1. 'Naturally Tan' by Tan France. I have now got through Season 4 of Queer Eye and this was the perfect accompaniment. Tan France is one of the fabulous five hosts of the show and his British origins have meant I've always had a soft spot for him. I loved the insights about the show's processes that I gleaned from this read, and learning more about his life, though perhaps could have done without his slightly over-critical nature at times. 3.5/5 Stars.
  2. 'Mooncakes' by Suzanne Walker & Wendy Xu. Graphic novels might be the answer to this slump I'm having. Especially queer ones. I loved this little story for a variety of reasons - the diverse characters, fun plot and supernatural goodness. There's a lot of originality in here too! 4/5 Stars.

This month I read zero books for the Beat The Backlist Challenge, making my yearly total seventeen.




This month I read two books for the New Release Challenge, making my yearly total eight.


- Naturally Tan
- Mooncakes






This month I read zero books for the Finishing The Series Challenge, making my yearly total four.







This month I read two books for the Diversity Reading Challenge, making my yearly total eighteen.

- Naturally Tan 
*Mini Challenge: (LGBT Pride Summer)*
- Mooncakes 
*Mini Challenge: (LGBT Pride Summer)*

No comments:

Post a Comment