Monday 1 July 2019

Planned Reads For July.

Even though I'm officially 'back', I'm really enjoying the lack of pressure when I pick less books per month, so I'm picking out another six for July! Seeing as the 6th July is London Pride, I really want to focus include some LGBTQ+ reads, but also Summer puts me in the mood for lots of contemporary reads with light, fun covers!


'Reign Of The Fallen' by Sarah Glenn Marsh has been on my TBR for way too long, and as much as I love seeing it's beautiful cover on my pile, I want to read it too! Pink, necromancers, a bisexual MC and plenty of fantastical shenanigans are all things I am so here for!

I took a few of the books on this list on my honeymoon with me, 'The Love Interest' by Cale Dietrich being one of them. I love the idea of two boys from rival 'spy' academies working agains each other to get the girl but maybe...falling for each other? So original and fun!

My next pick is a book perfect for the season! 'What If It's Us' by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera sounds like the gay rom-com I've always wanted. I hope it lives up to the hype I've built in my head for it!


Madeline Miller's 'The Song Of Achilles' looks like a stunning addition to my list of July's reads, and the following that this book has is more than enough to convince me that I will love this. It contains Greek Mythology, my favourite, and an LGBTQ+ outlook on the relationship between Achilles and Patroclus.

I love watching Queer Eye so is it any wonder that I want to read Tan France's autobiography 'Naturally Tan'? It looks super funny, and as Tan is from England originally I'm quite excited to read about his experiences in this country.

My last choice looks like it will take my emotions and drown me with them, but I'm really loving the cover and concept of 'Summer Bird Blue'. I enjoyed the last book I read that focused on grief immensely ('The Astonishing Colour Of After' by Emily X.R. Pan) and this one is set in Hawaii!

No comments:

Post a Comment