Sunday 1 September 2019

Planned Reads for September.

I have a brand new list of books that I'm desperate to read this month! I can't believe how close it is to Halloween, and so I'm starting to get a feel for some different genres!


I have started and am a good way through 'Reign Of The Fallen' by Sarah Glenn Marsh and liking it so far. It's full of necromancy, has a bisexual MC, and a gorgeous front cover. I hope to finish it soon!

'The Poet X' by Elizabeth Acevedo looks absolutely amazing, and I'm really excited to give this book a try! I love a PoC MC, and I'm looking forward to some spoken word poetry!

Speaking of poetry, I've been really intrigued by this fairly recent acquisition: 'Aphrodite Made Me Do It' by Trista Mateer. The cover is so stunning, but I love the idea of poetic dialogue between Mateer and Aphrodite, Greek goddess of love.


I'm also in the mood for some epic fantasy if I get time this month, and 'The Poppy War' by R.F. Kuang has definitely caught my eye! Hopefully it lives up to the crazily good reviews and hype!

I want to try and get a bit further through 'A Song Of Ice & Fire', and so the next book I need to read is 'A Dance With Dragons: Dreams & Dust' by George R.R. Martin. It's more epic fantasy which is a good genre for September!

Lastly, I want to read 'His Last Bow' in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's 'complete Sherlock Holmes' collection. I'm really looking forward to having my socks blown off for this one, the previous instalments in the series were very impressive!

No comments:

Post a Comment