Monday 2 September 2019

Last Week's Shenanigans (26th August - 1st September)...


Felt a bit creative, so decided to make a new graphic! Yay! I've been feeling a little lethargic while blogging recently, and have found it really hard to motivate myself to do it. I love writing, tracking my reading and joining challenges, but I think I lack any real content to push myself out of my comfort zone and this is something I really want to change.

So onto the main event of the week? Look at my beautiful niece!!!!


I am so proud of my sister for being so brave, and I know that she and her partner will make wonderful parents. I also can't quite get my head around being an Aunt? My relationship to the idea of having children has always been a bit of a rocky one - when I was younger I really loved the thought of having kids, then when I went through a bad patch mentally I felt that having children shouldn't have to be my 'ultimate destination', was not a decision to be taken lightly, and scared me a little bit.

Having just got married and looking to settle down and buy a house now, I feel much more relaxed and ready to start thinking about things like this again. And holding my sister's beautiful baby girl has been an uplifting, wholesome experience! I love her.

Other than catching up with family, meeting the newest arrival, and generally having a lovely bank holiday there hasn't been a whole lot else going on!

I Read...

--

I Received...


- 'The Mercies' by Kiran Millwood Hargrave: NetGalley (29/08/19)

I Posted...

August Wrap-Up
Planned Reads for September

No comments:

Post a Comment