Tuesday 24 September 2019

Top Ten Tuesday: My picks for 'Books On My Autumn TBR List'.

Ahhh, Autumn. The time of year for delicious warm beverages, cosy jumpers and blankets, and crunching leaves underfoot. Apart from the chilly weather I'm a huge fan of this time of year, and become really interested in reading spooky, mystery, fantastical and literary fiction. I've picked ten books I'd love to get through over the coming months!



1) 'His Last Bow' by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

The penultimate volume in the 'Sherlock Holmes' series and the perfect little mystery to read during the Autumn time. I'm a huge fan of the 'Sherlock Holmes' novels as a whole, and I want to keep enjoying them!

2) 'A Dance With Dragons: Dreams & Dust' by George R. R. Martin.

I've watched the entirety of Game Of Thrones and it's beginning to hit me that there won't be any more of it! So now I'm looking to go back to the books and I'm interested to see how different they are!

3) 'The Phantom Of The Opera' by Gaston Leroux.

This is another story that has always captivated my heart (I'm a huge fan of the musical and 2004 film) but that I've never read. It seems like a good autumnal read too - murder, mystery and gothic romance.

4) 'Wakenhyrst' by Michelle Paver.

I'm fond of a good ghost story, and 'Thin Air' by Michelle Paver really captured my attention when I read it. This is another that is set in an old house, and it is giving me real 'The Woman In Black' vibes which I love.

5) 'The Deathless Girls' by Kiran Millwood Hargrave.

This book is an LGBTQ+ retelling of Dracula from the perspective of his brides. Do I really need to say more than that? I need to read it ASAP!



6) 'A Skinful Of Shadows' by Frances Hardinge.

Frances Hardinge entered my radar a while back, but I loved reading 'The Lie Tree' and many people on the blogosphere have recommended this book on the back of that. I can't wait to get into it!

7) 'The Alchemist' by Paulo Coelho.

So many people have recommended this book to me, and I think it actually looks really cool! I like the fairytale format, and I'm interested to see what all the hype is about with this one.

8) 'Tiger Lily' by Jodi Lynn Anderson.

I read one of Jodi Lynn Anderson's books a while back and found it okay, but this one has really stuck on my radar because it's a reimagining of 'Peter Pan' but from Tiger Lily's POV. I'm definitely intrigued!

9) 'Retribution Rails' by Erin Bowman.

I've raved about 'Vengeance Road' enough to know I'm going to enjoy this YA Wild West adventure. I just have to actually read it now, and I'm frustrated that I haven't already.

10) 'Pet Sematary' by Stephen King.

I've always been in love with the idea of King's books as I think he is an excellent writer with a vast imagination. But I really want to totally fall in love with and be terrified by one. I'm hoping that 'Pet Semetary' will be that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment