Saturday 31 August 2019

August Wrap-Up.

Well, I did manage four reads this month so I'm glad about that. Only one was what I originally planned to read, and three of them were graphic novels, but it has been a really tough month reading-wise. I'm definitely going through a bit of a slump!




  1. 'Kriss: The Gift of Wrath' by Ted Naifeh & Warren Wucinich. My first read of the month was a dark, fantastical graphic novel. I loved the art so much, and became quite invested in the plot's potential. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing where this series goes. 3/5 Stars.
  2. 'Fence [Vol. 1]' by C.S. Pacat, Johanna The Mad & Shanen Pae. This first instalment of the series I've seen everywhere made me so happy! So much Queer goodness, I learnt a lot about fencing, and I'm super invested in the story. 4.5/5 Stars.
  3. 'Nimona' by Noelle Stevenson. This is another graphic novel that has been on the radar for a while because it is all over the blogosphere. I had so much love for the interesting characters and cool world-building concept (a unique blend of medieval fantasy and sci-fi). 4/5 Stars.
  4. 'Hello Me, It's You' collated by Hannah Todd. This was a really neat idea and definitely had the potential to open up a lot of dialogue about mental health issues. Repetitive at times but very relatable for those that have experience with the subject matter. 3/5 Stars.


This month I read three books for the Beat The Backlist Challenge, making my yearly total twenty.

- Fence [Vol. 1]
- Nimona
- Hello Me, It's You


This month I read one book for the New Release Challenge, making my yearly total nine.


- Kriss: The Gift Of Wrath







This month I read zero books for the Finishing The Series Challenge, making my yearly total four.







This month I read three books for the Diversity Reading Challenge, making my yearly total twenty one.

- Fence [Vol. 1]
- Nimona 
- Hello Me, It's You 
*Mini Challenge: (Mental Health/Addiction)*

No comments:

Post a Comment