Thursday 1 August 2019

Planned Reads For August.

I'm enjoying the smaller expectations each month, especially as I'm going through a bit of a slump at the moment. I have six books, mostly pulled over from last month's selections that I didn't get to, that I can hopefully read this month!



That's right. I'm still promising to read 'Reign Of The Fallen' by Sarah Glenn Marsh. In fact, I have actually started now, but it's taken me a long time to get to that point thanks to...the slump. I'm excited for the bisexual MC, necromancy and hopefully some fun, magical, queer shenanigans.

'Hello Me, It's You', a collection of letters compiled by Hannah Todd, caught my eye a while back but I'd like to read something that focuses on mental health this month as my own has been off lately. It has good reviews, with many saying they were bawling while reading, so I have a good feeling about this book!

I'm kind of feeling the non-fiction vibe this month, and I started reading 'They/Them/Their' by Eris Young a couple of days ago in a bid to read more on non-binary, queer and transgender issues. I'm learning so much so far!



So, pulled over from last month is 'Summer Bird Blue' by Akemi Dawn Bowman. I want to read this while it can still be considered summer, and this book focuses on grief which I tend to find are reads that I enjoy.

I have to say, 'The Love Interest' by Cale Dietrich looks like a lot of fun! If spy schools don't immediately catch your attention, how about a love triangle with a twist? Will my gay-loving heart be able to cope when the two boys battling to win the girl's heart fall for each other instead?

I liked 'They Both Die At The End' by Adam Silvera, and Love, Simon, the movie based on Becky Albertalli's 'Simon Vs. The Homosapiens Agenda' was a big hit with me too, so it stands to reason that a collab beetween the two would be right up my street. Enter - 'What If It's Us'. I can't wait to read this book!

No comments:

Post a Comment