Thursday 26 February 2015

Life Of A Blogger: 'Routine'.


The only routine that I have that definitely springs to mind is my work routine. As it stands (though it looks set to change soon), I work the same days and same hours every week. I try to work the rest of my life around that as a result. I do also have my getting ready for work routine, which is basically the same everyday: Have breakfast, get dressed, clean teeth, apply make-up and pack lunch. Other than that, I feel like it would be quite nice to not have so much routine.

As a person, I feel like it's important to take every day as it comes: try new things, go out and see more. So apart from work, I don't go to bed at the same time every day, nor do I get up at the same time every morning. I don't have a set reading time or set dinner time, and I fit my schedule around plans I make rather than the other way round. That being said, it has proven to be my downfall in some ways. It means I don't always finish the number of books I want to read. I don't always get blog posts done on time either, and I believe that I'm going to have to start getting into a routine if I want to do those things more efficiently.

For me, routine is about finding a balance. It needs to be there in order to organise your mind and time efficiently, but it's important not to let it rule your life to the point that you don't get to experience new things because you're meant to be washing your hair that day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment