Thursday 5 February 2015

Life Of A Blogger: 'What Superpower Would I Choose'?


The thing is (if I wanted to) I could probably write quite the essay on this. I've had many a lengthy debate on the best superpower and those kinds of conversations usually last hours. This is definitely going to be my favourite topic in weeks because I love the whole idea of superheros and powers etc. In fact, just last night I was watching 'Misfits'! However, having thought about it long and hard I have settled on: Telekinesis.

My love for this type of superpower didn't come from any kind of superhero movie at all! It actually came from my favourite book (and consequently, film) of all time: 'Matilda'! When I was a young girl, I always thought that the scene where she makes herself breakfast without moving from the table was cool, and the scene where she tries to show Miss Honey her powers by moving the jug was particularly funny. But most of all, it was the first time that I fully saw a 'heroine' using her powers to defeat a 'villain'. In this case, Miss Trunchbull. Forget about Thanos, Sauron, the Sherrif Of Nottingham, Voldemort, Dracula and all other great villains for a second. Because for me, Miss Trunchbull will always be the epitome of evil and so that makes Matilda the most awesome of all heroines.

Telekinesis opens up a lot of possibilities too! Not only could I just move things with my mind (I would never have to get out of bed again?!) but I could also fly (by moving myself) and maybe even become invisible (by bending the light waves around me...am I milking this enough yet?). Telekinesis allows me to do a whole range of things I always thought were cool (why just control one 'element' when you can make all of them move with your mind?). So yes, Telekinesis is definitely my choice for a superpower!

No comments:

Post a Comment