Thursday 17 April 2014

Life Of A Blogger: 'Favourite Actors/Actresses'

Thursday is here, and so it is 'Life Of A Blogger' time! This week's topic is 'Favourite Actors/Actresses' which I have to say is a topic I've been looking forward to. I actually have a lot to say about this one!

Okay so I will start with my favourite Actors. I have rather a lot of these and so it's difficult to know where to begin to be honest, but I think I will start with the one that most people who know me will be expecting me to write. Tom Hiddleston. I first saw him as Loki in The Avengers (I actually hadn't seen Thor at this point. Shame!) and I thought he was amazing. Then, around Summer 2012, he was Prince Hal/Henry V in 'The Hollow Crown' and again I was blown away. I love watching Shakespeare so of course I had to watch this series, and I thought the talent in the whole thing was incredible, but he remains my favourite Henry V. So of course when it was announced that he was going to be the titular character in 'Coriolanus' at the Donmar Warehouse, London, I fought tooth and nail to get tickets and succeeded! I won't gush too much, I've written my thoughts before, but I was crying by the end of the performance and even got to meet him briefly afterwards. He is my favourite actor and I look forward to his upcoming projects!


Another favourite of mine is Stephen Fry. I love this man to pieces, and would absolutely love to meet him and have him sit down and tell me the wonders of the Universe. I watch him a lot on QI because not only is he hilarious, but he's really clever and knows so much about a lot of things! I wish I had half the knowledge that he had, or the time to just find out about all the things he just seems to know off of the top of his head. He was great as Mycroft in 'Sherlock: A Game Of Shadows', voiced the Cheshire Cat in Tim Burton's 'Alice In Wonderland', was delightfully cruel as the Master Of Laketown in 'The Hobbit: Desolation Of Smaug' and has voiced over for 'LittleBigPlanet' (a great game) as well as voice acting Reaver in the 'Fable' series (Best. Character. Ever.) In short, I love him.

Other favourite actors of mine include the legendary Sir Ian McKellen, who plays an amazing Magneto in the 'X-Men' series, and of course Gandalf in 'The LOTR' Trilogy and 'The Hobbit' films. I love him in 'Vicious' too, and after watching a clip of him as Iago, I would love to see him live on stage. Benedict Cumberbatch definitely makes this list too, if you haven't seen the Sherlock TV Series then you should. It is fantastic. He was also great as Khan in the new Star Trek film, and voiced Smaug in the latest Hobbit film perfectly. 

Now, onto favourite actresses (I told you this would be a long post). First up, Jennifer Lawrence. She is absolutely my female idol right now, I love the way she is off camera, as well as her on-screen roles.  Of course this includes her amazing portrayal of Katniss Everdeen in 'The Hunger Games' films, she plays that role so well and absolutely makes those films for me. I have to say I think my favourite role of hers was Tiffany Maxwell in 'Silver Linings Playbook'. Oh my goodness, that film is amazing and I adored her in it! I think that was the role that really made me notice her, not Katniss. Since then, I loved her as a young Mystique in 'X-Men: First Class' and Rosalyn Rosenfeld in 'American Hustle', in which she proved that she could definitely steal the show. She actively becomes starstruck when meeting celebrities that she looks up to, and is so funny and honest in interviews, which makes me want to meet her all the more!


Another favourite actress of mine, who I've looked up to since I was quite young, is Dame Maggie Smith. Oh my goodness do I want to see this woman on stage. She is absolutely phenomenal in everything I have seen her in and I would just really love to see her live. A lot of people probably would recognise her as Professor McGonagall in the 'Harry Potter' series, a role which I thought she played perfectly. In addition, I thought she was fantastic as Mrs Medlock in the film adaption of 'The Secret Garden'(one of my favourite books and films) and Muriel in 'The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel'. She remains my favourite actress, I find her both funny and able to play an emotional and heart-wrenching role wonderfully.

I can't talk about my favourite actresses without mentioning Emma Watson not only as Hermione Granger (of course) in the 'Harry Potter' series, but as Sam in the film adaption of 'The Perks Of Being Wallflower'. Amazing films, and an amazing, inspirational actress. I'm also a huge fan of Louise Brealey. Though I've only really seen her in 'Sherlock', I just think she brings Molly to life so well and I would love to see her in more things, particularly live on stage! She comes across as such a nice, sweet, humble person as well. I would love to meet her!

There are so many others I could add here. I watch a lot of films and like a lot of actors and actresses in them. But these were the choices that immediately sprang to mind! Next week's topic is 'Favourite Albums' which I'm rather excited about!

No comments:

Post a Comment