Sunday 6 April 2014

Weekly Wishlist #7

This week will include a couple of things that I thought about putting last week after I had done the list! Still, that's why I do one every week!

1) 'Les Misérables: From Stage To Screen'. Going to see this musical was so great and I loved it so much! It is definitely one of the best I've seen live in a long time, if not ever! I also loved the movie when I saw it and would love to own this book to read about the transition between the two! I saw it on sale in the Merchandise area when I went to the theatre, but decided against buying it when I saw the price and the bulk of the book (£30). When I got home, I looked it up and as predicted, found it for a much cheaper £19.50. It includes annotated scripts, original costume sketches, film set designs and posters. A Les Mis fan's dream!

2) Tickets to see 'Let The Right One In'. When I saw the Swedish adaption of this film a few years ago I loved it. Along with Pan's Labyrinth, it is probably my favourite film that I have watched in a Foreign language. It is a beautiful coming of age tale, with the inclusion of a very well interpreted vampire. So when I heard that it had been adapted for the Theatre and was being shown in London, I might have had a mini dance for joy. I am so desperate to see it, the set just looks amazing and it has received some really good reviews.

3) 'A Long Way Down'; Nick Hornby. Well now there is simply no excuse. After seeing the new film adaption at the cinema and adoring it, I need to read this book! I was literally a blubbering wreck while watching it and I can only imagine that the book will render me unable to leave my room for days, but I frankly can't not read it. It's a risk I'm willing to take because I really want to see how they differ, if at all!




4) 'Vain'; Fisher Amelie. I have seen this book a few times around, as well as others in the series, and was immediately struck by the clever idea of doing a modern series about the seven deadly sins. The protagonists of these books sound like really intriguing characters to read about and I would be interested to see how Fisher Amelie approaches this concept. 'Vain' is the first in the series and I really want to get into this one. It's been on the list for a little while, but I do really want to read it, and the rest in the series: 'Greed', 'Fury', 'Lust', 'Idle', 'Binge' and 'Envy'!



5) Harry Potter Wizard's Collection Blu-Ray Set. Now this came out some time ago and it is so expensive. But I love these films and this series and I am just a massive Harry Potter fan. Why do I want this particular box set? Just look at it! It opens out like a magic chest! I love the design concept! But perhaps even more impressively, the extras! This set contains 37 hours of special features (heaven!) which I would happily watch,without sleep, repeatedly! The first two films have extended cut versions too which just makes me ridiculously excited! And if that wasn't enough, a Map of Hogwarts is included, and a catalogue of props, posters and concept art prints. At this point, I could cry.

Another week bites the dust! Recently the 'what do you want for your birthday' questions have been coming in, and now I have some answers! Hooray!

No comments:

Post a Comment