Thursday 12 March 2015

Life Of A Blogger: 'Favourite Quotes'.


This is such a good topic! The thing is, when it comes to day to day quotes they've hardly ever really got to me. Things that famous authors, poets, artists, politicians or historical figures have said just never seem to stick in my mind, no matter how inspiring they are. But quotes from books? An entirely different story (pardon the pun)! So here are a few of my favourite bookish quotes. Enjoy!


“Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.” 
From 'Pride & Prejudice' by Jane Austen.
“A snowball in the face is surely the perfect beginning to a lasting friendship.”
From 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak.
“My life amounts to no more than one drop in a limitless ocean. Yet what is any ocean, but a multitude of drops?”
From 'Cloud Atlas' by David Mitchell.
“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.” 
From 'To Kill A Mockingbird' by Harper Lee.
“I got to thinking that poems were like people. Some people you got right off the bat. Some people you just didn't get--and never would get.”
From 'Aristotle & Dante Discover The Secrets Of The Universe' by Benjamin Alire Sáenz.
“Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous possessive love that grabs at what it can.”
From 'Life Of Pi' by Yann Martel.

There are so many more and I wish I could include one for every book I read but alas, this post would be far too long. A fun topic though and I look forward to next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment