Monday 2 May 2016

Last Week's Shenanigans (25th April - 1st May)...

This week has been a largely work-filled week, but I have ended up doing a few other bits and bobs throughout. On Monday, around midday, Mat and I left my parents' house and went to visit his family! We had a really lovely afternoon there and stayed until late evening where we returned home in time to watch Season 6 Episode 1 of Game Of Thrones. Guys. I am so excited about this season. Firstly, I really think that the women of this series (Cersei, Brienne, Sansa, Arya, Ellaria, etc.) are going to be so strong and really come into their own and I'm looking forward to seeing some major ass-kicking character development with all of them! Also, I feel like a few of the horrible characters are going to get some much needed comeuppance and I'm crossing all of my fingers and toes that I'm right!

On Wednesday I went to see The Jungle Book, Disney's live-action adaptation of the animated classic and I adored it! The voice acting was phenomenal, and is it any wonder with such a talented cast? Ben Kingsley, Scarlett Johanssen, Christopher Walken and Idris Elba (to name but a few) just blew me away! I was so impressed to learn that during the making of the film, Neel Sethi (Mowgli) spent most of the time in  room by himself talking to sock puppets. That kid has a bright future ahead of him, as he did such a great job! I also saw Captain America: Civil War on Friday and was equally impressed by how good it was! I've always loved the Marvel films, and feel like they just get better and better (though watching heroes fight each other was sad).

I Read:


I Received:


- 'Thin Air' by Michelle Paver: Approved by Netgalley (28/04)
- 'Foul Tide's Turning' by Stephen Hunt: Free Gift from Sci-Fi London Film Festival (29/04)

Memes:

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookworm Delights

I Posted:

April Wrap-Up
Planned Reads For May

No comments:

Post a Comment