Monday 1 August 2016

Last Week's Shenanigans (25th July - 31st July)...

The week itself was pretty mixed in terms of things that happened, but in the end I had a wonderful week. To begin, Mat and I travelled down to Ashford to attend a funeral (which was definitely the lowest point, though the service was lovely). We only remained in Ashford for a few short hours before coming back up to London, mostly because that evening was the evening of my Birthday Present from Mat: tickets to see 'Aladdin' in the West-End. Honestly, it was such a great day and really helped to lift our spirits after such an emotional day. The Genie was great and some of the special effects used were phenomenal. I quite liked the added songs and thought the casting was pretty good (and impressively diverse). All in all, wonderful show and I recommend any Disney lover to go and see it! You're in for a real treat!

Work filled the remainder of my week, which was hardly surprising. I also went to visit the new flat of my flatmate's boyfriend which was fun. A group of us were there and we played games and ate pizza. Best of all, I had Saturday booked off for one very special reason: YALC! The highlight of my week! I did a separate post on this event so click the link if you want to find out more on my adventures there, or even what YALC actually is. Anyone who can get to London around this time next year and loves YA, I highly recommend it, especially as it's part of LFCC (London Film & Comic Con). Of course, from YALC, I bought a ton of books which I'll include on here too. Sunday was not such a busy day, I mostly prepared suitcases and packing for our official move into the new flat the next day!

I Read:


I Received:



- 'Beautiful Broken Things' by Sara Barnard: Purchased at YALC (30/07/16)
- 'End Of Days' by Susan Ee: Purchased at YALC (30/07/16)
- 'Am I Normal Yet' by Holly Bourne: Purchased at YALC (30/07/16)
- 'A Monster Calls' by Patrick Ness: Purchased at YALC (30/07/16)
- 'The Rest Of Us Just Live Here' by Patrick Ness: Purchased at YALC (30/07/16)
- 'Illuminae' by Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff: Purchased at YALC (30/07/16)
- 'Under Rose Tainted Skies' by Louise Gornall: Purchased at YALC (30/07/16)
- 'Dear Charlie' by N.D. Gomes: Received ARC at YALC (30/07/16)

- 'The King Of Rats' by Melinda Salisbury: Received at YALC (30/07/16)
- 'Kindred Spirits' by Rainbow Rowell: Received at YALC (30/07/16)

Memes:

Top Ten Tuesday: Things That Books Have Made Me Want To Do/Learn

I Posted:

YALC (Saturday) Round-Up Post
July Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment