Monday 1 August 2016

Planned Reads For August.

Picking this month's reads was surprisingly easy, I've been wanting to read most of them for a while now! There's a really great mix this month too, so I'm looking forward to starting them all ASAP!



  1. 'City Of Bones'; Cassandra Clare. I've been curious about this series for a while now because on the one hand it's majorly controversial and many people dislike Cassandra Clare's books thanks to accusations of plagiarism, but on the other hand Clare is a good friend of Holly Black, whose books I adore! I've read a bit of this book and so far am really enjoying it, so I'm hoping that I can get past the hate and settle into this series.

  1. 'The Book Of Lost Things'; John Connolly. This, I remember, is one of the first books that ever appeared on my TBR pile all that time ago when I started blogging and setting up my Goodreads account. I'd heard great reviews from a number of bloggers and I've remained petty desperate to read this book filled with Fairy Tale characters. I finally gave in and got hold of a copy a while back, so my plan is to read it this month. How exciting!
  2. 'The Girl With All The Gifts'; M.R. Carey. I bought this book on Amazon because I'd seen it around the Blogosphere and it was on offer. It then remained on the shelf gathering dust until I saw the trailer for the movie adaptation of this book and I realised I'd totally misjudged it's genre. I don't really read much in the way of Zombie Apocalypse books but this one looks too interesting to turn away.
  3. 'Burial Rites'; Hannah Kent. I'm trying to get on top of all the books I've borrowed from other people and so this is my next choice. I've been putting it off because while I like Historical Stand-alones, I'm getting the vibes that this book is going to break my heart and I try to avoid books like that when possible. I think that this looks like an interesting read though, and it comes highly recommended so it's time to face my fears I think.
  4. 'The Gospel Of Loki'; Joanne M. Harris. Seeing as I love Marvel's adaptation of this character so much, it stands to reason that a book like this will end up on my reading list. A friend bought it for me for Christmas and I'm really looking forward to reading it, because I've heard great things about the characterisation in this book. Honestly though, Myths & Legends of ancient civilisations interest me and I rarely read any books that retell those tales. Starting here is as good a place as any!
  5. 'Ash'; Malinda Lo. I'm really getting on board with the retellings this month, and Ash has been on my radar for a little while. Not only have I been in the mood for something Cinderella-related, but I really want to read more LGBTQ+ books and this one fits into that category too! I can't wait to see how Lo sets this story and compare it with the original tale. I think it will be interesting!
  6. 'Rebel Of The Sands'; Alwyn Hamilton. Since seeing her speak at YALC, I've become even more desperate to read this book. August is the month I'll be doing this. Honestly, ever since 'Vengeance Road' I've been dying to read about a sharp-shooting, badass, rebellious heroine and I really feel that while this has a Fantasy setting, it's going to give me those Western/Cowboy vibes I've been searching for!

No comments:

Post a Comment