Monday 15 August 2016

Last Week's Shenanigans (8th August - 14th August)...

While this week wasn't as hectic a week as some of the others in August have and will be, it still felt pretty stressful. My work shifts moved around a little and thanks to my new promotion it meant that I was opening and closing shop alone for a couple of them. It all seemed to go pretty well and thank goodness I had a great team to support me! I still didn't have much time for reading either (it's taking a bit of a back-burner at the moment) but once I'm settled into the new flat properly time should be much more on my side.

At the weekend, I'd used some holiday in order to attend the wedding of two of my friends from university, which was a lot of fun also! I'd missed having them around and it was fun to catch-up with everyone! The wedding was beautiful and I must confess, I had a little cry during the actual ceremony. That took up basically all of Saturday as we arrived around 10.30am, the ceremony started at 4pm and then the reception took us till almost midnight much later! Luckily we'd booked a lovely, comfy stay at the Premier Inn nearby. Phew! The next day we had to travel back home fairly early (around mid-morning) due to the fat that it began our week of moving in to the new flat properly! A lot of unpacking and planning ensued, though the majority of the stuff was not due to come until the next day. Our friend, George, also came up to stay (complete with dislocated wrist) and so when he arrived we chilled out during the evening with some Pokemon episodes and food.

I Read...


I Received...


- 'Nevernight' by Jay Kristoff: Received From Illumicrate (09/08/16)
- 'The Graces' by Laure Eve: Received From Illumicrate (09/08/16)

Note: I received my Illumicrate Box on Tuesday also, but will have to postpone the Illumicrate Unboxing post until further notice, as all of my possessions are packed away while we move in. Once I have everything I need unpacked again, I will post about my unboxing!

- 'Harry Potter & The Cursed Child' by J.K. Rowling & Jack Thorne: Bought from Foyles (14/08/16)

Memes:

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Immediately Buy If Someone Gave Me The Money
Six Degrees Of Separation: 'Unboxed' by Non Pratt

No comments:

Post a Comment