Sunday 2 February 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 02/02/2014: I've got a Golden Ticket!

Not had a hugely eventful day today readers! The main news of the day is that I finally managed to finish 'Cloud Atlas' and I have posted the promised review earlier this afternoon. Do have a read of that if you're interested! I'm quite proud of myself to be perfectly honest, I made a blogging promise and I managed to keep it! Go me! As well as this I finally got round to sending a few emails and doing some work that I had been putting off for a little while (seriously, procrastination is a serious affliction and the sooner they find some kind of cure, the better). I am still halfway through Stephen King's 'It' and I feel this one is going to take me a while. I am undecided on whether to wait until I've finished it or read something short alongside it to keep the reviews flowing. I'll let you know!

My evening was spent being a kid again, watching a film that I haven't watched in a long time. 'Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory'. Seriously, I have always loved this film, of course I have, it's a classic! But as it's been a while, it was nice to sit down with the family and sing along and remember the lines. I had almost forgotten just how good Gene Wilder is in that film. Mistake acknowledged. It won't happen again. It was then announced straight after that the next TV Film would be 'Arachnophobia'. Needless to say I didn't watch that one considering that spiders are definitely something I don't handle well. The television went off and I returned to playing 'Flappy Bird'. A game that I discovered only today and am already hopelessly addicted to.

Finally, I did also hear some very sad news this evening, that Philip Seymour Hoffman (an actor that I admire greatly) has passed away at the age of 46. I find this incredibly sad, considering as well that he had three young children, and my thoughts are with his family and friends. May he rest in peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment