Friday 14 February 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 14/02/2014: Happy Valentines day!

Well, it is finally here! Happy Valentines day everyone, I hope you have all had a wonderful day. Mine started off a bit slow, Mat wasn't getting back from Uni until mid-afternoon so I had a lot of waiting around to do. As today's lecture was cancelled, it meant a nice lay in this morning, followed by a whole lot of nothing. I took my Dad back to the garage so that he could pick up the car, and then when I was back home, I made an attempt to go through my Goodreads account and give small reviews to the books I've read. I entered a few more giveaways but that was about it! Nothing exciting really to report this morning, other than the horrendous weather.

Finally, the time to pick Mat up came and my Valentines day actually begun. Firstly, he gave me the presents that he had bought and I have to say that I was blown back by how thoughtful they were. They comprised of the two things I love most in the world: (other than him, I can get away with soppy words like that today, right?) chocolate and books! I got a lovely gift package from Hotel Chocolat which I am very much looking forward to tucking into! As for the books, they are such a sweet thoughtful choice and I almost cried when I saw them! They are 'Get started In Creative Writing' by Stephen May, which has received good reviews for being packed full of all sorts of useful advice for an aspiring author (like myself). In all honesty I needed something like this so that I can read up on the sort of processes involved in this profession. On a similar thread, he also got me 'The Elements Of Eloquence: How To Turn The Perfect English Phrase' by Mark Forsyth. This book is so beautiful. It is a gorgeous green hardback (my favourite colour) and I cannot wait to read it through, most likely over and over!

So what did I get him? I couldn't post about it before because obviously he reads my blog posts and the surprise would be ruined, but my presents for him were as follows: McFly's 'Greatest Hits' CD (as a reminder that we are going to watch McBusted in April), 'The Phantom Of The Opera' by Gaston Leroux (we watched it together recently), 'Les Misérables' by Victor Hugo (we are going to watch that in March), a Yu-Gi-Oh! Deck (oh yes I did) and a box of Lindt (an unhealthy tradition). He seemed to really like them and I'm glad that the organisation and thought that went into those presents was appreciated (I am so proud that I managed to get my act together that much in advance)! We went out for a lovely meal in a local Indian restaurant that we always go to on Valentines day. I had a chicken korma, peas pilau rice and honey naan bread! Don't knock it until you have tried it, it's absolutely delicious!

After our meal we snuggled up for the evening at mine and watched Disney's Hercules! A perfect end to a wonderful day, I have all of the songs stuck in my head now! That about sums up my day really, Mat remembered to bring 'If On A Winter's Night A Traveller' with him so that at the moment is my priority read as I have a week to finish it. Also, I found out that this year's Musical will be 'Jesus Christ Superstar' at Uni. I am seriously so excited about this news and I think I am going to audition, just to see how far I get! In other news, Elizabeth Yarnold won the gold in the ladies Skeleton at the Olympics! The weather is just getting worse and worse, and the lights have flickered ominously a couple of times tonight so I think I had better quit while I'm ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment