Sunday 23 February 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 23/02/2014: Day of Rest?

Well it's Sunday, but contrary to most of the population I have not been resting. I have been blogging my little heart out! First, I completed my Liebster Blog Award post, which is up for everyone to have a read of. It was a fun little challenge to take part in, I'm so glad I got to do it! It took me a while to think up the facts and the questions, and in the end, it turned out I counted wrong so I had to go back and re-edit. Oops! Next I posted my first weekly wishlist! I thoroughly enjoyed it, and can't wait to do next weeks! Again, that took me a couple of hours to get the pictures in the right place and everything looking neat, so it was a lot of hard work.

As well as blogging, I've done a lot today. I woke up to find I had won yet another book (via Goodreads). This is getting to be a habit, but a good one! This one is super exciting because I am absolutely desperate to read this series, I've seen it around so much! It is 'Days Of Blood & starlight' by Laini Taylor, the second book in the 'Daughter Of Smoke & Bone' series. This series has been on my to read list for weeks and it was even going to be on today's wishlist! But now the second one is on its way, which brings me to my next news. I've been naughty again. Winning that book sent me straight to Amazon to buy the first. And while I was there...I may have bought a few more books. A list of today's purchases:
  • 'Daughter Of Smoke & Bone' by Laini Taylor
  • 'Tithe: A Modern Faerie Tale' by Holly Black
  • 'A Certain Slant Of Light' by Laura Whitcomb
  • 'Poison Study' by Maria V. Snyder
In all fairness, all those books were going to be purchased at a later date if not now.  need some of them to complete various challenges and I just want them so much that I can't have my bookshelves without them. It was always going to be a matter of 'when' I bought them, rather than 'if'.

In other news, I watched 'The Last Stand' with my Dad, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. To be honest, I wasn't that bothered until I saw Jaimie Alexander was in it, then I had to watch it! She's a fantastic actress! It was actually a very good movie, I enjoyed it a lot. That is saying something because I don't really like action films at all. Also, I re-read Susan Hill's 'The Woman In Black' with Bev this evening and it gave me chills. Again. It's a horror story, for those that don't know and if you've seen the movie then be prepared still for a shock. The two endings are completely different.

My only regrets about today are that I didn't get to do any reading and the end of February is drawing ever closer  so I need to get a move on with 'Pure' and 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower'! Also, a note for when I next have some free time: I must sort my Kindle out! It is such a mess and I want to start using it properly rather than continually clogging up my barely tidied room with books!

No comments:

Post a Comment