Thursday 13 February 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 13/02/2014: Recovery after yesterday's trauma.

Today has been the opposite of yesterday, a.k.a, exactly what I needed. A quiet, relaxing day where I didn't need to be anywhere or do anything and could just sit down and work on things without too much disturbance and stress. And honestly, I actually got a lot done. I spent the morning writing some more script for my Multimedia piece, I've had a mental block for absolutely ages and suddenly I got a flash of inspiration! The relief that comes with that is indescribable. Once I had most of my ideas penned, I took a break and started to write out some blog-related planned posts and enter some Goodreads giveaways. Talking of those, my sister told me she had won a book this morning! 'The Madness Of July' by James Naughtie is on its way to her and having read the description, it looks like a good read! We have already agreed that entering these giveaways is sort of a joint effort in terms of reviews, as her blog is very book based too, so when it arrives and I get round to it, expect that one to pop up on the planned reads list!

The rest of my day was spent getting a bit more work done, sorting out some emails and making sure everything was prepared for Valentine's Day! I have been told that tomorrow's lecture has been cancelled, and so I have the whole day off! I did go for a drive this evening, following my Dad to the Garage because his car needs an MOT and he wanted transport back home. Phoebe the Fiat is still working fine, I had absolutely no problems tonight! Let's hope it was just a one off. I'll be driving to pick Mat up from the station tomorrow, so I'll see how that goes. On another quick, day-brightening note, I received a really lovely tweet from Strangeface Theatre after I ranted about being unable to see their show. They told me to look on their list of Tour Dates around Kent and see if I could make any. If so, they would see if they could swing me a free ticket! How nice is that? I'll be checking that out, and hopefully someone will come with me so that I don't have to go by myself. It looks like I maybe going to see the show after all though!

I don't have an awful lot more to say. Tomorrow is obviously Valentine's Day, and I'll be spending the afternoon/evening with Mat and going out for dinner (so won' be home to blog till late), but other than that, I don't have a lot planned for the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment