Monday 17 February 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 17/02/2014: Book shopping spree!

Today has been one hell of a day. I woke up early, I had to catch the train to Uni this morning. On my way to my lecture, work rang and told me that they wanted to cancel my shift, which I happily accepted because I have a lot of work to do and I would be glad of the afternoon to get it done. I was feeling nervous about a meeting with my Tutor about my Multimedia piece and portfolio, but thankfully, all went okay and he was quite pleased with my progress so far. On my way back home, I decided to nip into a shop that I had been eyeing up (a book shop of course) to see if I could see anything decent to read. I thought that I would have enough self control just to browse and not actually buy anything, like last time. Unfortunately, I did not. I brought one book, called 'Gould's Book Of Fish' by Richard Flanagan. The blurb and cover were intriguing, and it has won an award. For £1.75? I think so.

'But your blog post title says a book shopping spree!' I hear you cry.'One book is hardly a spree!' You're right. One book is not a spree. But the six I brought online when I got home, in my eyes, could be classed as a bit of a spree. I blame my sister entirely for this one, she showed me that The Works have a '6 Books for £10' offer on at the moment and come on, who could resist peaking at an offer like that! So, here are my other 6 titles that came under the offer.
  • 'Stealing Phoenix' by Joss Stirling
  • 'The Next Best Thing' by Kristan Higgins
  • 'The Law Of Angels (An Abbess Of Meaux Mystery) by Cassandra Clark
  • 'The Camelot Code' by Sam Christer
  • 'Circle Of Shadows' by Imogen Robertson
  • 'Maggie May' by Lyn Andrews
I am ashamed of myself. In an excited sort of way. And this bout of buying books has spurred me on to have a good sort out of all the unwanted Uni books that I own, and no longer need! If I get rid of those, I will have so much more room.

While on the subject of books, I have just finished 'If On A Winter's Night A Traveller'. I won't write the review until morning because right now I feel excessively angry with it, and can't decide whether it's a masterpiece or should be thrown out of the window for some other poor soul to find. Let me organise my thoughts in a calm, collected manner and get back to you on that. It means I shall be making a concerted effort to get 'Pure' read and start with 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower', in time for the end of February as predicted! Hooray, I am on track! A productive and busy day is called for tomorrow, I have another 'Top Ten Tuesday' to do, and I'm seeing the boyfriend and going to the cinema as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment