Friday 7 February 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 07/02/2014: Demotivation, Disneyland and...dueling?

I've had a rather long and stressful day today readers. The rain gave us a bit of break but there was flooding around where my Uni is so I ended up taking the train (which was surprisingly on time). Upon arriving at Uni I attended my morning lecture and just found myself in the strangest of moods. I know I have already mentioned that I am desperate to become a writer, but honestly I just felt so demotivated and like I didn't want to be at Uni at all, and it's a feeling that I haven't really shaken all day. I did however have a happier time as the day went on. I met up with a couple of my friends from Uni and we had lunch at a nearby pub and a nice catch up. Turns out I'm not the only stressed student about! We talked a lot about Disneyland, Paris too (I have never actually been it may surprise you to know, it certainly surprised them)! It is on the Bucket List. 

As well as that, I picked my boyfriend up from the station about mid-afternoon and spent the evening at his (I only got home about half an hour ago). Did we watch a movie? No. Did we go out for the evening? No. We did something so much better. This evening readers, I learnt how to play Yu-Gi-Oh! It's a card game that always intrigued me when I was younger (it was a huge fad at my primary school) but I never really understood it and didn't have any cards of my own to play with. It turns out that Mat (my boyfriend) is a huge fan of the game (how did I not know?) and has hidden away a whole stash of decks to play with. I can safely say I'm hooked. If I could spend the rest of my life playing this game, I would die happy. It is addictive beyond belief. 

I'm going to get some sleep right now and call it a night, as I ended up unable to sleep for quite a while last night and I'm exhausted. Hopefully I'll wake up feeling refreshed and much happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment