Tuesday 4 March 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 04/03/2014: Pancake Day!

Happy 'Shrove Tuesday' everyone! Yes, that's right, it was pancake day today and I've literally just tucked into one smothered in Nutella which made me very happy. I really needed it actually because I've not had an overly good day. Firstly, I woke up with a sore throat and it didn't go away for quite a while. When I tried to practice my song for the audition, it came out as a garbled mess, particularly the all important high notes. Needless to say, I didn't go for it. This meant I had all day to be productive, and I tried to be. I got my 'Top Ten Tuesday' post sorted (it was quite an easy one) and tried to get on with some Uni work. The problem was, all I could think of was this story idea that has been playing on my mind for a while. Today in particular, it chose to have a bout of fresh inspiration and left me unable to concentrate on anything else but trying to organise my ideas in my head. It was both great because I love the idea, and annoying because I wanted to get some stuff done.

Also, I found out today that the Tech sessions my partner and I had booked with our Directors have to be cancelled because of an electrical fault in the Studio. This is so frustrating because show week is less than a fortnight away and I'm starting to get extremely nervous about it to be honest. I just really want everything done in time. They have re-instated the lecture, so I still have to go in. No cheeky extra day off for me! Darn! The only couple of good things that happened today were that I went for a quick Supermarket trip with my sister and we decided that we would make some Creme Egg Brownies this weekend, for her blog challenge and my sanity (I really want to try them). Also I have found the mother of all wishlist items this evening. I would share it with you, but that would spoil the surprise for my 'Weekly Wishlist #3', so you'll have to wait! Reading wise, I got very little done again and although March has just begun I really feel like I'm falling behind. I want to finish 'Wolves' for Thursday, for some reason it's just taking me ages to get through this book.

I've got a headache coming, just to top off an already stressful day. The headache is probably being caused by that actually, so I think sleep is in order. I don't have to get up quite so early tomorrow, so my body will certainly appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment