Tuesday 18 March 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: My picks for 'Books on my Spring 2014 TBR List'


My word. Could it be that I actually have time to do this post? It certainly looks that way doesn't it! This week's topic is 'Books That I am Looking Forward To Reading in Spring 2014' and I am certainly looking forward to this one. I haven't had an awful lot of time to read this month so far,but I've got a lot of good books lined up over the course of Spring and these are my picks for the ones I'm most looking forward to!

1. 'A Certain Slant Of Light', Laura Whitcomb.

A very, very long time ago I saw this book. I wanted to read it so much but never found time to do so. When I was on the hunt for new books, I remembered it, but couldn't remember what it was called or who wrote it. I spent days scouring the internets for clues and one day I stumbled upon it. So now I have bought it and I cannot wait to finally read it! There's a sequel too, 'Under The Light', though I don't know if I'll find time to read that this Spring.


2. 'Stardust', Neil Gaiman.

I have seen the film, but if you have read my previous Top Ten 'Popular Authors I Have Never Read' post, you will know I have never read anything by Neil Gaiman. Shame on me! So I am starting with 'Stardust' next month, and I'm probably going to go on a bit of a Neil Gaiman spree over the next few months. 'Coraline', 'American Gods' and 'The Ocean At The End Of The Lane' are also on the list for sure!



3. 'The Hunger Games', Suzanne Collins.

Yet another book that everyone has read except me. Again, I love the films. I've seen both and think they're amazing. But I just haven't read any of the books (again, on my Top Ten Authors I Haven't Read). This spring though, I will start and might even get onto 'Catching Fire' if I am really organised! I've been pretty good at the organisation thing so far with this blog, let's keep it up!




4. 'Days Of Blood And Starlight', Laini Taylor.

I've started 'Daughter Of Smoke & Bone' and loved it so far! I won the second in the series in a Goodreads giveaway and cannot wait to get started on it once the first is finished with! This series has received so many good reviews and I can't wait to get into it properly and join the mass following that it deserves!





5. 'The Ruby Slippers', Keir Alexander.

Well, this one was yet another Goodreads win, and one I'm really excited about! It looks like a great book, very intriguing in terms of plot-line with beautiful cover art. Being a fan of 'The Wizard Of Oz' as well, anything that involves Ruby Slippers instantly gets a big tick from me!






6. 'The Invention Of Wings', Sue Monk Kidd.

Another win from a giveaway, this time from Bibliobrat. It's an E-Read, and I'm really looking forward to getting into this book! I want to read and review it ASAP so it is definitely coming under the 'Spring 2014 TBR' category. Having read into it, it looks like it has a really cool plot-line concept and comes very highly recommended! Hooray!





7. 'Cinder', Marissa Meyer.

This book, like 'Daughter Of Smoke and Bone', has received a lot of good reviews. Everyone just seems to love this fairy-tale retelling of Cinderella and I am eager to get in on the action myself and find out what it's all about! I won't have time to read it this month but I think April is probably a pretty realistic estimate!






8. 'Finding Sky', Joss Stirling.

What a great looking book, I bought it because I bought the second in the series by mistake thinking it was a stand-alone novel. It fits really nicely into one of this month's challenges so I'll be reading it pretty soon (it's on the list straight after 'Daughter Of Smoke & Bone')! It looks like such an interesting, unique read that is the kind of thing I would enjoy though, so I'm very excited! 




9. 'Horns', Joe Hill.

This book has been sitting on my book shelf for a very long time. I am really excited to be finally getting round to reading it. It is a bit of a dark Fantasy, with an element of Horror mixed in. Ideal to change things up a bit! Reading this book will be me doing my own version of Spring Cleaning so that's why it's on a Spring 2014 TBR list!





10. 'The Fault In Our Stars', John Green.

This book just looks wonderful. John Green is a highly blogged about, popular author that I have never got round to reading. So I figured I'd better start with the book that I see absolutely everywhere. My sister owns it so I might have to do a bit of begging for this one. I'm not sure she's actually read it yet! It will be worth the potential wait though!






And that makes my 'Top Ten Books on my Spring 2014 TBR List'! Next weeks topic will be 'Top Ten Things on my Bookish Bucket List' which I'm really looking forward to writing, it sounds like a really fun topic and I really look forward to reading responses to both topics from this and next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment