Sunday 23 March 2014

Weekly Wishlist #5

I'm having a busy day today with all this blogging! It's that time of the week again, time for my Weekly Wishlist!

1) The 'Field Rose' Foldaway Holiday Bag from Cath Kidston. I have noticed today, while packing for my stay in London, that I desperately need a new Travel Bag. I go and stay away from home fairly regularly and have had a spotty black one that has served me well for a long time, but the straps are wearing a bit thin. I have admired Cath Kidston bags for a long time, I have a bit of a thing for Floral Designs and this one is beautiful! For this reason, it goes on today's list!


2) 'A Perfect Contradiction', Paloma Faith. I really enjoy listening to Paloma Faith, she has a very sultry voice and has written a lot of good songs over the few years that I've been listening to her music. Her newest album, 'A Perfect Contradiction' is out tomorrow and I would really love to get my hands on it! Hopefully it will be as good as her other music, which I enjoy very much.



3) 'The Book Of Crows'; Sam Meekings. I saw this book in Waterstones while I was having a browse a while back, and was immediately intrigued. It looks like a very good read, and having looked into his other books, I would also like to get my hands on 'Under Fishbone Clouds', and even his book of poems, 'The Bestiary'. All have been highly reviewed and I look forward to hopefully being able to read one at some point.



4) 'Some Kind Of Fairytale'; Graham Joyce. This book just looks awesome! Having read the synopsis, it looks exactly like the kind of story that I would enjoy reading and I'm a little bit desperate for this one!  Also, some of his other books like 'The Limits Of Enchantment: A Novel', 'The Year Of The Ladybird' and 'The Silent Land' look equally as intriguing! Honestly, there are too many books in this world that I want to read, and just not enough time for me to do so!



5) 'Starting Point', Hayao Miyazaki. Anyone who has been paying attention to previous Wishlists of mine will quickly realise I'm a bit of a Studio Ghibli fan. I think that these animated movies are amazing, well up there with Disney and Dreamworks in my eyes! Hayao Miyazaki is the man behind a fair few of them, and a bit of an idol of mine. This book is a bit of a glimpse into his own take on the process of making some of these classic films, and it has a sequel: 'Turning Point'



And that concludes this week's picks! I hope you enjoy reading these lists as much as I enjoy writing them, it really is a lot of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment