Sunday 23 March 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 23/03/2014: In London!

I am so proud of the tremendous amount of blog stuff that I got done today! I managed to finish 'Daughter Of Smoke And Bone' by Laini Taylor and get a review for it up this morning, which I really didn't think I'd do! I thought it would take me until at least tomorrow to finish it, but I guess I'm a faster reader than I thought I was! As soon as I'd finished the review, I then posted my Weekly Wishlist and so I'm starting to feel like blog stuff is getting a little more back on track. My next read that I have just started is 'Finding Sky' by Joss Stirling, which I included in my last Top Ten Tuesday post. I'm really excited about this one, and following that, I'll be reading 'The Telling Error' by Sophie Hannah for a Goodreads 'First Reads' review.

That really made up most of my day. I'm still recovering from this cold but I'm feeling a lot better than I did yesterday! I did do a bit of sneaky Amazon shopping actually, as there were some books I've had my eye on that were pretty cheap and I finally got round to ordering them. I don't know when I'll actually get to read them but here are today's buys:
  • 'Midwinterblood' by Marcus Sedgewick
  • 'Fearless' by Tim Lott
  • 'Angelfall' by Susan Ee
As well as these exciting reads, I did finally get round to buying 'Thor: The Dark World' DVD and 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' DVD. Both are great films and just had to be bought. I couldn't wait any longer.

Mat came round after he finished work at six, and we headed off to the station to get to London. Currently I'm sat in his room, watching 'Dynamo: Magician Impossible' and of course writing this post. Tomorrow he has to go to a Tutorial and a Lecture so I'll be taking the opportunity to get some reading done, and maybe watching 'Wreck It Ralph'. Then of course, the moment I've been waiting for, watching Les Misérables! I'm so ridiculously excited about this show, I don't think I can quite put into words how much I'm looking forward to it. For now though, time to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment