Sunday 2 March 2014

Weekly Wishlist #2

Here it is, my second weekly wishlist! I must say, there's been a few things I've seen this week, more in the film than anything else. My original plan was to set myself a number of things to include each week, but I think forcing myself to find a certain quota of items each week would entirely defeat the point of it being a wishlist. Therefore I shall have no max amount of items, I'll aim for above three each week but if I really can't find that many then I won't lose sleep over it. For the same reason, I'm not going to attempt doing a 'one from each category' thing either. One week you might get three films; the next, four books and a stuffed toy. Let's just see how we get on. Again, click on pictures to get to sellers.

1) 'My Neighbour Totoro' Studio Ghibli Miniature Figurines. Now I know I jumped on the Studio Ghibli bandwagon last week, but I found these a while back and really wanted them. How cute are they? I'd love to, when I have a house, find places to put each one. I found these gorgeous little ornaments on Amazon, sold by LOTR for a reasonable £16.99. Check them out if you like these films!



2) 'Only Lovers Left Alive' DVD. Yes, I know that last week's wishlist included a movie starring Tom Hiddleston. But the reason this one gets on here is because I was going to see this film at the cinema with a friend this week. I didn't end up doing so, and now my local Cinema have stopped showing it. So the DVD is my only chance to get hold of this film and watch my favourite actor at work again. It's available for Pre-Order, but no release date yet. I don't care. I want it.



3) 'Super Effective Collection' from Shiro Cosmetics. This site is just fantastic. It combines two of my favourite things, geekery and pretty eye shadows (I'm a sucker for them). The Super Effective Collection instantly brings to mind the Pokemon world, and with individual names such as 'Vine Whip', 'Legendary' and 'Smell Ya Later' you instantly know what the collection is about if you're a fan. I've ordered from this store before and the colours are pigmented well, safe and the service is great! They have all sorts of collections, based on 'The Hobbit', 'Minecraft', 'The Hunger Games' Collection (another great one which I ordered some time ago), and their latest is based on George R.R Martin's 'A Song Of Ice And Fire' series. Well worth a look!

4) 'Cinder', 'Scarlet' and 'Cress'; Marissa Meyer. I simply had to include these books. They've been haunting my Bloglovin' feed for some time now and I have really become addicted to the idea of Fairy Tale Re-Tellings as a genre recently. Cinderella, Red Riding Hood and Rapunzel mixed with spaceships and cyborgs? I'm intrigued and want them.The picture links to 'Cinder', the first book of the three.



5) 'Sherlock' Series 3. I love this TV series. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman have just brilliantly re-invented the famous duo, Sherlock and Dr Watson. Also, I adore Louise Brealey's character, Molly. Series 3 did not disappoint me in any way, I loved it! I have Series 1 & 2, now I want the 3rd to re-complete my collection. If you haven't already watched this series, then I thoroughly recommend it, they've done a great job of taking a classic and giving it a humorous, modern twist.



And there we have it, this week's top picks! I'm enjoying this so far, so next week's will be up next Sunday as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment