Saturday 22 March 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 22/03/2014: Under the weather.

Well I had my first day off in what seems like forever today, and I spent most of it feeling a bit sorry for myself. I have a stinking cold! I knew it was coming yesterday, but a small part of me had hoped it was just really bad hay-fever. Alas, my suspicions were correct. Still, in terms of blog stuff, I managed to be pretty productive! I finished reading Eowyn Ivey's 'The Snow Child'! At long last! Honestly, it is one of the best books I have ever read (and that says a lot) and I posted the review of it earlier, so feel free to check that out!

I also made pretty good headway with 'Daughter Of Smoke & Bone'. Things are really starting to get interesting and I can't wait to get through this one too and post my thoughts! Most of my day was taken up with reading and reviewing, plus a little bit of sorting out my planned reads so that I don't fall far behind again, like I have this month. I have some exciting planned reads lined up, so I'm looking forward to those!

Mat came round mid afternoon and he looked after me a bit, which was nice. I have missed him an awful lot this week because of how much stress I've been under, so it's good that the weekend is finally here and I get to spend more time with him. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow, because I'm off up to London to stay at his in the evening! This is in preparation for going to see 'Les Misérables' at the Queen's Theatre on Monday! I am so damned excited about this show, I have longed to see it for a very long time. I think a day of rest is in order tomorrow beforehand.

No comments:

Post a Comment