Saturday 29 March 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 29/03/2014: 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier'

So briefly, my day was mostly spent reading and Internet browsing. What can I say? I'm a slob. I had to go collect a parcel this morning which ended up being the two DVDs I ordered ('Thor: The Dark World' and 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire') and two of the three books I've been waiting for! 'Midwinterblood' by Marcus Sedgewick and 'Fearless' by Tim Lott are now in my possession! Hooray! I am very much looking forward to getting into them (if I ever get through 'The Telling Error', why is this book taking me so long?) Mat came round mid-afternoon and we spent a nice afternoon playing some Pokémon and chilling out, before heading off to the cinema to see the latest Captain America movie!

Wow, wow, wow! What a film! I loved it so, so much. The plot was great, the humour was actually hilarious and I loved some of the characters, old and new. Scarlet Johansson, Cobie Smulders and Samuel L Jackson were great in this movie, they took a bit of a back seat in the Avengers but really came into their own here! I wish Hawkeye had been in it, they really need to do more with his character. Chris Evans was wonderful to watch and I think this is his best portrayal of Steve Rogers/Captain America yet! Next, the villian. The Winter Soldier. He was a great twist in the story, I loved his development and for me, he was easily the best Marvel has produced after Loki (who will always be the villian for me, Hiddleston is just marvelous). But I cannot wait for more! Anthony Mackie was great as Sam Wilson/Falcon and I really hope we get to see more of him. Though 'The Avengers', 'Thor: The Dark World' and 'Iron Man 3' are still, I think, my top 3 Marvel movies, this came pretty close to knocking one off the pedestal, so well done for that!

Another day of pretty much nothing tomorrow, I must finish this book and post the review, as well as another Weekly wishlist, so that will take a lot of time. Also, it's Mother's Day here in the UK tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to a relaxing day with the family!

No comments:

Post a Comment