Sunday 4 May 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 04/05/2014: The 'From Bard To Bookshelf' Event!

I'll start, as I always do, with my rather busy day! I spent most of it with my family visiting my Grandparents (and inadvertently, my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin too)! I haven't seen them for a pretty long time, so it was really nice to get away from the stresses of life and spend some of the day doing that instead! I had a lovely time there and I was allowed to open one of my Birthday presents early, which was a beautiful necklace. It put me in a really good mood for the rest of the afternoon! As soon as I returned home, I wrote my Weekly Wishlist post and then finished 'Hereafter' by Terri Bruce. I posted the review this evening too, so check that out if you're interested! Next up is 'Deep Blue' by Jennifer Donnelly. I know I was originally going straight onto 'Thereafter' but I want a bit of a break from that series and I'm pretty desperate to read 'Deep Blue' before it is released in two days time (eek!)

Onto the main agenda of this post (and the reason behind the title), I have signed up to a rather exciting event! The 'From Bard To Bookshelf' involves me writing a post relating to Shakespeare, particularly on his influence on YA Fiction. My two favourite things combined? Impossible! It is being hosted by Nina at Death, Books And Tea and having read about what it involves, I'm very much looking forward to it. The event itself will be held in August so that gives me plenty of time to get Uni out of the way, and the opportunity to sign up ends in mid-July so get joining if you're a big Shakespeare fan like me. If you are interested, you can find more details here. I would highly recommend it and would love to see some of your thoughts on the idea!

Tomorrow is a Bank Holiday so no Uni for me! Instead I'll be at home, probably working on the essays that I have in for this week. Then some reading and a minute amount of blog posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment