So this week's 'Life Of A Blogger' topic is Pet Peeves! As topics go I found this one quite difficult as although I know that many things can annoy me, it takes quite a lot to really get on my nerves. But here goes:
- When someone can't drop a subject. Be it someone being unable to stop harping on about the same old thing, or not getting the hint that people want to talk about something different, it really annoys me when someone goes on and on about the same insignificant thing. Especially if they're moaning or it happened fifty years ago. Get over it!
- When someone pretends they know what they're talking about. I get so annoyed when people pretend to be a great expert on a subject when in fact they haven't a clue what they're talking about. Sometimes they even argue with you on a fact you know you have right and they don't! It's so irritating!
- Backtracking. Yes I do it sometimes, everyone probably has had an awkward moment once or twice in their life. But it still irritates me to the highest degree! People should really be able to admit when they have made a mistake, rather than trying to pretend it's all a big misunderstanding.
- People that are loud/rude in public. I cannot stand when someone is causing a scene in public. Especially in more confined public situations like on a train or the tube. It just makes everyone feel uncomfortable, and often, people will drag total strangers into their squabbles. Stop!
- Hypocrites. A pretty broad pet peeve but it is the thing that annoys me most. If you are going to accuse someone of really making you angry by indulging in some kind of behaviour, make sure that you don't do it too! It's a real pain!
I have plenty more but these are probably the ones I encounter more that really get on my nerves! I can't wait to read everyone else's! Next week's topic is '101 Things You Love'. Am I going to be able to think of 101? Who knows!