Friday 13 June 2014

Daily Shenanigans, 13/06/2014: Doing things differently!

Today ended up being quite different to my usual day since finishing Uni. I made a decision to give myself a break from being sat at my computer today, purely because I had a pretty terrible headache and I really wanted to get on with other things. This of course meant that I didn't do much in terms of my blog. I did however get much further into 'A Game Of Thrones', which I'm really enjoying. I definitely feel like watching the TV series has made me appreciate this book even more! Anyhow, I did a lot of tidying this morning as a sort of surprise for my Dad because I'm generally a pretty unproductive person when it comes to household chores. I really recognise this as a flaw within myself which I'm determined to address.

This afternoon, I continued to have an interesting day when my friend, Imogen, came to visit! We drank tea, caught up with each other's antics and she bought me a cute Totoro pillow which served as part of a very late birthday present (she'd accidentally had it delivered to her Uni address while living at home). I've included a picture because it's so soft and awesome and really wanted to show you guys! This was the same friend who bought me chocolates and a set of Lewis Carroll books a few weeks ago and it made me feel really grateful to have friends in my life who know me this well. Thank you Imogen! After dinner, Bev (my sister) had her photography exhibition which we went to have a look at. Going back to my old school was very surreal but it was nice to revisit everything and see how it has changed! The exhibition was great, there are a lot of talented photographers and artists about.

And so ends my day of doing things a bit differently. Tomorrow I'm seeing Mat and we may go to the cinema in the evening depending on timings and what is on. He'll be round in the afternoon so I'll be using the morning to hopefully really get into 'A Game Of Thrones' and finish some tasks that really need finishing!

No comments:

Post a Comment