Thursday 26 June 2014

Life Of A Blogger: 'Favourite Sports Teams'.

Well this is going to be a pretty easy, pretty short post. I really don't follow sport. It's simply not a thing I've ever been interested in. This is probably to do with the fact that P.E at school really put me off sport because I hated playing them. The only team I can really say I support is England or the UK I guess, in world tournaments. The World Cup is on at the moment and it is the only time I ever watch Football. Obviously this year England were kicked out pretty much instantly, but most years we do okay and I get a lot more excited about it than I ever would for teams found in England. I used to say I supported Arsenal because my friend did, and my Grandad definitely didn't so it was fun to tease him. In the end though, I really couldn't care less.

The only sport I really enjoy watching is also on at the moment in London! Of course I'm talking about Tennis at Wimbledon! I really get excited for this yearly tournament and it makes me happy about Summer. I love just sitting down to watch it with the family. The main person (it can't really be called a team) that I support is Andy Murray. When I was on holiday in Corfu last year, Mat and I were on a tour around the island on the day that he actually won the final. A lovely Scottish couple found out that he had won and announced it on the coach, and it was really exciting! I hope he does well again this year!

I also really love watching the Olympics, and again I support the United Kingdom (obviously). I really got into the excitement and hype of the London 2012 Olympics and I was really happy every time we won or got a medal in an event. My favourite Summer Olympics sports to watch were the Gymnastics, the Athletics and the Bike Races. I did quite like the Equestrian events as well. I think what we've learnt here is that I'm not really a sport lover, I'm just hugely patriotic! I really love it when my Country does well, but other than that, I really couldn't care less!

No comments:

Post a Comment