Monday 2 June 2014

My third and fourth Liebster Blog Awards!


It's happened again guys! I've been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! And not just once, but twice. My third nomination actually happened a very long time ago, about mid-April. I confess: I completely forgot about it! It wasn't until in the last few days when I was nominated a fourth time that I remembered I still hadn't answered the third's set of questions. So that is all I will be doing in this post, answering both sets of questions.

My third nomination came from Aimee at Beloved Jaine. I really did like her questions, they were different from the kind that I've answered before:

1) Have you ever faked being ill? Why?
Yes I have. When I was younger I was actually ill quite a lot. In fact I still am, my immune system just doesn't exist. But once or twice I would exaggerate a very minute problem in order to get a day of school. It was normally to avoid P.E or Games as it used to be called in Primary School. I hated that lesson with a passion.

2) Have you ever been in a car accident?
Not a serious one know, but a car did go into the back of us while I was in the car with my Mum once. No one was hurt and it wasn't a terribly dire situation, but I guess it counts all the same!

3) How would you describe yourself?
What a good question! I would say that I'm very chatty, though definitely not one of the 'cool kids'. I tried far too hard, studied too much and generally was a bit too pale and scrawny. I'm also very sensitive and can get offended pretty easily. I try to be kind and cheerful though!

4) If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I actually quite like my name, it's a little different. But I really like Katherine or Imogen as second choices. I was actually almost called Katherine rather than Katrina, it was decided on a flip of a coin!

5) If you could change anything about yourself, what would it be?
I would install an 'off' switch. Sometimes I think things and blurt them out without deciding whether it is a good idea to actually voice that thought. It can lead to some embarrassing situations to say the least. Also, I worry. a lot. I wish I could be a bit calmer. As well as that, I have a tendency to procrastinate. I really wish I could change that.

6) What was the last film you watched?
'Maleficent', last night! Needless to say, it was amazing!

7) Are you a morning or a night person?
I'm not really much of a morning person, I much prefer night time. That being said, I can get up pretty early without much fuss so I guess you could say I'm a morning person of sorts.

8) Do you have any phobias?
Plenty! I despise spiders and wasps but I'm really not good with bugs/insects at all. I'm scared of making phone calls and answering the phone. Also, my biggest fear is probably running out of oxygen. Be it drowning or being trapped in an airtight room, the thought terrifies me and I can't face scenes like that in films. I also can't swim because being in the water frightens me a lot.

9) What makes you happy?
First and foremost my wonderful boyfriend Mat. He always knows how to make me happy (soppy I know). I love spending time with my sister too, we're always making each other laugh! Other than that, I would say reading makes me happiest of all my hobbies. I love singing, writing, acting, playing video games and watching films too!

10) What makes you sad?
I get very upset if I think people are getting annoyed or frustrated with me, or if they're talking about me behind my back. I do care a lot about what other people think of me. If I think I've said something insensitive or upset someone else without meaning to then it really makes me sad, even if they assure me that I haven't done anything of the sort.

11) Where do you want to be in ten years time?
Another good question! I really want to be a writer, so somewhere in that field. Still writing this blog and reading plenty, but having written and released my own book or having written scripts for performances. Something along those lines anyway!

My fourth nomination came from Heather at Random Redheaded Ramblings. Thank you so much for the nomination and the awesome questions!

1) Who is your book boyfriend?
You're going to make me choose haha?! Okay I'm going to go with the one that I remember from a while back, because it is the one I always remember. From Trudi Canavan's 'The Black Magician' series I had a bit of a fixation for Akkarin. I could not read enough of him and I have to say that I was left a wreck at the end of the third book (I won't reveal what happens). I cried so much. I did also have a great love for Numair from Tamora Pierce's 'The Immortals' series.

2) You are on a desert island, you can only take two books. What would they be?
You're only going to let me choose two? What kind of monster are you?! Okay, one would definitely have to be 'The Book Thief' by Markus Zusak because I love that book. My second would be 'The Works Of William Shakespeare'. There's plenty of being stranded in foreign places and I might pick up some tips! If not, I'll have plenty to read!

3) What five authors would you invite to dinner (dead or alive)?
Okay William Shakespeare would definitely be in there, though technically a playwright rather than an author. I'd also love to invite Jane Austen, 'Pride & Prejudice' is such a great book. Then it would have to be Tamora Pierce because her books have always been favourites of mine that I would happily read over and over for the rest of my life. J.K.Rowling is my fourth choice for obvious reasons, she wrote Harry Potter for goodness sake! My fifth choice is tougher, but I have always wanted to meet Patrick Rothfuss. I think he would be such fun company!

4) Kindle or Book?
I love physical books. I love holding them, the weight of them, the smell of them and the feeling that I'm getting somewhere. However, Kindles are still great! A little library that I can carry around with me? Perfect!

5) What is  your favourite book series?
This is tough too! It would have to be a Tamora Pierce series, probably 'The Immortals'. I did really enjoy the 'Daughter Of The Lioness' series too though! I just really love all of the books set in Tortall, but those two sets really stuck out for me.

6) What is your favourite book to film/TV adaption?
I love the film adaption of 'The Perks Of Being A Wallflower', I thought the acting was fantastic! It really made me cry and it made me laugh too. It's one of the only film adaptions that I actually preferred over the book (please don't shoot me).

7) Angels, Hot Aliens, Vampires or Werewolves?
I'm not really interested in any of those to be perfectly honest! But I'll go along the lines of which I prefer in terms of books to read. I've never read a book with aliens in it, vampires and werewolves just induce terrible memories of Twilight so I would have to say Angels at the moment. 'Daughter Of Smoke & Bone' is one of my favourite series right now!

8) When did you start blogging?
Technically a couple of years ago, but seriously? At the end of January 2014.

9) Have you met any authors?
Not really. I met a couple when I was younger, and I did meet one at the Expo I went to last weekend!

10) Favourite place to read?
Sorry to be boring but I would have to say my favourite reading spot is my room, in bed. Snuggled up with my duvet and pillows, with tea and biscuits is the ideal way to read in my opinion.

11) What books would you love to live in?
Hands down, the 'Harry Potter' series wins this one. I am still waiting for my Hogwarts acceptance letter...please?

Thank you so much to both bloggers for the nominations and the fantastic questions! They were so fun to answer!

No comments:

Post a Comment