Sunday 29 June 2014

Weekly Wishlist #19

1) 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' DVD. Okay so I'm missing Marvel. I'm getting serious withdrawal symptoms. 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' is coming out in August here in the UK and I'm excited for it. Not only that, but 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier' also comes out on DVD in August! Hooray! I can't stop listening to the Soundtrack, so it is clear to me that I need to have this film. I loved it so much when I watched it in the cinema all those months ago, it is definitely one of the top Marvel films for me! The more I think about it, the more I reckon it has overtaken Iron Man 3 and made it to the top three...

2) 'The Curious Incident Of The Dog In The Nighttime'; Mark Haddon. I heard about this book quite a while back though never actually read it. A friend of mine went on about it for days! I didn't really know what it was about until I got to go and watch the show in the Apollo Theatre in London. I fell in love with it and have had a real hankering to read the book ever since. I realised that it hadn't actually made one of these Wishlists yet so thought that should change! It certainly looks like a touching, fun story.



3) 'High Rise'; J.G. Ballard. I've been wanting to read more Classics as of late. I feel like I don't read them enough, despite the fact that the ones I have read I've really enjoyed. A class war in an Apartment block? This sounds like a strangely intriguing read! As well as my desire to read a classic or too, my all-time favourite actor, Tom Hiddleston, has been cast to play the lead in a film interpretation of the book and that's why of all the Classics, this one stood out as a 'must read soon'. I'd love to have read the book before I watch the film!



4) 'Sugar Hall'; Tiffany Murray. Does anyone else, other than me, get a desire to read a good Ghost story now and again? One such urge recently hit me, and I remembered reading about the synopsis for this highly reviewed book quite a while back! It certainly looks very scary, with a good plot (the most important part of a ghost story, for me) and I would be really happy if I got to read it at some point!





5) Disney 'The Legacy Collection: The Lion King' Soundtrack. Okay so this is one of those discoveries you make where you go 'Why on earth have I not heard of this before?'. Disney have released another version of the Lion King Soundtrack/Score (one of my favourites. But it gets better! It not only contains the original tracks of the soundtrack, but 30 minutes of previously unreleased score! I actually feel like I might be dreaming. This, accompanied with notes from Don Hahn (Producer) and Hans Zimmer (Composer) and some lovely artwork from Lorelay Bove, a visual development artist. And there's going to be a series! I'm definitely dreaming, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment