Sunday 15 September 2019

Book Review: Fence [Vol. 2]; C.S. Pacat & Johanna The Mad.

I really loved Vol. 1 of this series and couldn't wait to get round to Vol. 2! There is so much goodness in this awesome series, and I was not disappointed by this second instalment!

SOURCE: Web-Comic
TYPE: E-Read

TITLE: Fence [Vol. 2]
AUTHOR: C.S. Pacat & Johanna The Mad
SERIES: Fence (#5 - #8)
PUBLISHER: BOOM! Box
PAGES: 106
GENRE: Graphic Novel, Contemporary, LGBTQ+, Young Adult

RATING: 5/5 Stars


Blurb:
Nicholas Cox is determined to prove himself in the world of competitive fencing, and earn his place on the Kings Row fencing team, alongside sullen fencing prodigy, Seiji Katayama, to win the right to go up against his golden-boy half-brother.

Tryouts are well underway at King’s Row for a spot on the prodigious fencing team, and scrappy fencer Nicholas isn’t sure he’s going to make the grade in the face of surly upperclassmen, nearly impossibly odds, and his seemingly unstoppable roommate, the surly, sullen Seiji Katayama. It’ll take more than sheer determination to overcome a challenge this big!

What I Liked:
  • Just like Vol. 1, this was so much fun! I loved reading more of the fencing matches and the developing plot leading up to building a fencing team for the national championship. I'm just totally hooked to be honest!
  • The characters are just amazing. I love the rivalry between Nicholas and Seiji, the friendship between Aiden and Harvard, and of course adorable Bobby! Pacat has created an amazing cast here.
What I Disliked:
  • Uhhh...the fact that it ended? Graphic novels are often short but I really felt it here.
Overall Conclusion:
You've probably already got this but I thoroughly enjoyed this second volume in the series and plan to read the third one very soon. Great plot and characters, and I love the LGBTQ+ developments that I'm seeing come to fruition! I want more!

No comments:

Post a Comment