Thursday 31 May 2018

May Wrap-Up.

Ouch! What a horrible reading month I've had! I only managed three reads altogether, which is probably the worst I've ever done in a month. I had a fair bit of time off this month too which makes it even more disappointing!



  1. 'The Power' by Naomi Alderman. I borrowed this read as a couple of friends of mine were also reading it, and I've heard such mixed reviews about it! Some people loved it, and some really didn't. For me, it didn't really blow me away or fill me with rage. It was well-written and filled with a lot of subtle, clever parallels with reality. I never really felt that it had much of a plot though, and there was a lot of build with very little climax. 3.5/5 Stars.
  2. 'The Quick & Easy Guide To They/Them Pronouns' by Archie Bongiovanni & Tristan Jimerson. This was a good little guide to something that a lot of people find inexplicably confusing. Pronouns. I have misgendered people in the past and felt absolutely terrible about it, so it's definitely necessary for books like this to exist. I liked the dynamic between Archie and Tristan too, though I think it was a little repetitive at times. 3.5/5 Stars.
  3. 'The Hound Of The Baskervilles' by Arthur Conan Doyle. I loved this next installment in the Sherlock Holmes series because not only was it mystery, but there were a few supernatural elements to make things interesting! In fact, I think this was my favourite story so far! Yes, I already sort of knew what was going to happen, but it was nice to see Watson play a more pivotal role in the story that wasn't observing Holmes. 4/5 Stars.

This month I read two books for the Beat The Backlist Challenge, making my yearly total so far fifteen.

- The Power
- The Hound Of The Baskervilles



This month I read zero books for the Finishing The Series Challenge, making my yearly total so far zero.









I read one books for the New Release Challenge, making my yearly total so far five.

- The Quick & Easy Guide To They/Them Pronouns









I read one book for the Netgalley & Edelweiss Challenge, making my yearly total so far eleven.

- The Quick & Easy Guide To They/Them Pronouns




Here is the end result for Pretty Deadly Blog's Bookish Bingo card.


Part Of A Series: The Novice; Taran Matharu
Made Into A Movie: The Hound Of The Baskervilles; Arthur Conan Doyle
Spring Release: Children Of Blood & Bone; Tomi Adeyemi
New To Me Author: Milk & Honey; Rupi Kaur
Freebie: --
Intersectional Diversity: bone; Yrsa Daley-Ward
Animal On Cover: Fantastic Beasts & Where To Find Them; J.K. Rowling
Epistolary: The Power; Naomi Alderman
Family: Spectacle; Megan Rose Gedris
LGBT+: They Both Die At The End; Adam Silvera
Multi POV: The Quick & Easy Guide To They/Them Pronouns
Second Chance: The Magician's Nephew; C.S. Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment