Thursday 1 November 2018

Planned Reads for November.

October may be over, but the beginning of November is still very Autumnal and a great time of year for some darker, spookier reads. I've got some exciting planned books coming up for this month!


I'm currently reading 'A Study In Charlotte' by Brittany Cavallaro, and I'm really excited about this retelling of Arthur Conan Doyle's classic 'Sherlock Holmes' series brought into a more contemporary setting. It will be interesting to see what she does with it!

I'm also a little way through 'The Corset' by Laura Purcell and loving it. Such intriguing characters and story so far, I can't wait to get to the bottom of the mystery! Also, I haven't read a book about a serial killer in a while and find it so fascinating!


I really did look forward to reading Kendra Leighton's retelling of 'The Highwayman', 'Glimpse' and the front of the book has a copy of the poem too which is awesome. I hope it lives up to my relatively high expectations!

If any cover screams Autumn, it's this one. Foxes are actually my favourite animal, so Lucy Jones's 'Foxes Unearthed' seems like a great read to learn more about them, and the folklore surrounding them, as well as an interesting insight into why people love/hate them.

Books involving witches are best read during the Autumn. At least, I think so. Irena Brignull's 'The Hawkweed Prophecy' certainly looks interesting, with a really pretty cover too. I can't wait to read it!


It's about time I went back to getting through some of the series I own and have slightly abandoned. I enjoyed 'Rebel Of The Sands' a lot, especially the first half. I'm hoping that the second book in Alwyn Hamilton's series, 'Traitor To The Throne' is also good and adds a lot to the plot.

'The Long Way To A Small, Angry Planet' by Becky Chambers has been on my TBR pile for a while, and I love how much the synopsis puts me in mind of a fantastic console game, Mass Effect. I'm actually so excited about this book!

I've been really excited about Erin Bowman's follow up to 'Vengeance Road', 'Retribution Rails'. It looks so exciting and I'm looking forward to more YA Wild West with strong heroines, sizzling romance and plenty of adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment