Saturday 11 February 2012

See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil

Readers, I am terrified!

I've just been to see the Woman In Black with the fella and I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep tonight. So I'm going to blog instead. Those wanting to watch, stay back! Save yourselves!
I joke of course, it was a fantastic film. I think watching it on the big screen definitely made the experience better (and more terrifying). For those that have seen the stage show or read the book it is different as to be expected. However I don't think this is a bad thing! It put it's own twist on the story while keeping the fundamental parts that we wanted to see. Daniel Radcliffe was very good (though it was definitely hard to shake the whole Harry Potter thing bless him). I would definitely recommend, though ONLY if you think you can without being traumatised. Don't be fooled by the 12A rating, I certainly wouldn't take a 12 year old to see it, it's far too scary!

I was glad to see it was a 'Hammer' film, (I've become a fan of Hammer House of Horror films recently, watched 'Witching Time' yesterday with my Dad). You could definitely see the old Hammer House of Horror influences in the film! I've been watching a lot recently, just started a new anime called 'Toradora!'. Would definitely recommend, it's underrated but very VERY addictive.

The title of the post? I noticed that in both 'The Woman in Black' and 'The Artist' that symbol appeared, which I found interesting. Google it!

No comments:

Post a Comment