Monday 10 September 2018

Mini Review: Steve & Mark; Tab A. Kimpton.

So, I am currently reading an amazing web-comic called 'Long Exposure' by Kam 'Mars' Hayward. It's LGBT+, M/m, pure, fluffy goodness but it isn't finished and while I wait for more pages I need a fix! So this was the first of a four part series that I stumbled upon, and I'm always happy to promote anything that promotes diversity!

SOURCE: Internet
TYPE: Web Comic

TITLE: Steve & Mark
AUTHOR: Tab A. Kimpton
SERIES: Khaos Komix (#1)
PUBLISHER: --
PAGES: 128
GENRE: Contemporary, Graphic Novel, Romance, LGBT+

RATING: 3/5 Stars


Blurb:
(For whole comic, written by author)

This is a comic about gender and sexuality. It follows the lives of 8 main characters: Steve, Mark, Amber, Nay, Tom, Alex, Charlie and Jamie. It’s about them finding themselves, falling in love, lust and like and how hard they fight to get there.

This comic contains so many issues I can’t even really list them. Some of the things you may find here include: Gays, lesbians, those weird bisexuals everyone is talking about, faggotry, homophobia, transgender issues, dubious consent, body issues, abuse, hate and most important of all, a big old helping of LOVE. There’s a reason I called it Khaos.


Overall Conclusion:
I decided to do a mini review for this as it's a short web-comic and only a quarter of a whole. LGBT+ web-comics are a new addiction for me and I am trying to spread them out as much as possible. Another of Kimpton's works was actually recommended to me originally, but I wanted to read this first to get a taste of their work, and I have to say I'm relatively impressed. Sure, this is clearly an early example and the art is not very detailed. In fact, it feels a little rushed in a lot of spots, but I adore the fact that (a) this comic felt like it told a really great story in a short amount of pages, and (b) the intersectional diversity was fabulous. Also, we get to meet the other characters that will have their own chapters in this series, and start to get a feel for their stories, which is interesting! I'll definitely read them all, though it's 'good' rather than 'great' right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment