Monday 1 January 2018

Last Week's Shenanigans (25th December - 31st January)...Christmas continued & New Year's Eve!

Wow! What a week! Christmas day I obviously had off and am so thankful for all of the presents I received! In particular, I got some new vinyls for my record player, a gorgeous bath bomb set, a beautiful bracelet, new slippers with foxes on them, and a brand new board game to enjoy based on fairy tales! Mat and I had a lovely time playing games and watching movies, including the new Netflix release Bright! We thoroughly enjoyed the whole day and were both very sad when it ended.


I had to go back to work on Boxing Day which was a little sad. In fact, I worked for most of that week but did have New Year's Eve off as well with Mat, which was a lot of fun. We went to a Medieval Banquet in Tower Hill and were treated to a five course feast, with ongoing entertainment and a party afterwards to bring in 2018! What made it even better was the fact that a good friend of ours was part of it, in the role of a singing Knight, which meant we got to see a lot of duelling too!


I'm hoping that all you lovely readers had fun celebrating the beginning of 2018 too, and despite the craziness of 2017, I have high, positive hopes for the new year to come!

I Read...


I Received...


- 'Warrior Witch' by Danielle L. Jensen: Bought on Amazon (25/12/17)
- 'The Worm & The Bird' by Coralie Bickford-Smith: Bought on Amazon with Gift Money (27/12/17)
- 'The Dark Days Pact' by Alison Goodman: Bought on Amazon with Gift Money (27/12/17)
- 'The Astonishing Colour Of After' by Emily X.R. Pan: Approved by Netgalley (28/12/17)
- 'Strange The Dreamer' by Laini Taylor: Bought on Amazon (28/12/17)
- 'Lost Boy' by Christina Henry: Bought on Amazon (28/12/17)
- 'Fairest' by Marissa Meyer: Bought on Amazon with Gift Money (29/12/17)
- 'Norse Mythology' by Neil Gaiman: Bought on Amazon (30/12/17)

Memes...

Top Ten Tuesday: 2018 Releases That I'm Looking Forward To Reading

I Posted...

December Wrap-Up

No comments:

Post a Comment